I want slimmer alars and no scars. What should I get? (photos)

Many doctors have said that they do not recommend excision for me as my nostril shape is bad, skin is "small" around the alar Base and thick. I only want a slight reduction without further messing up my nostril shape. The picture indicates what I want. What should I do?

Smaller alar rims

You can get smaller alar rims by placing excisions of your alar rim on the inside of your nose rather than the outside; this significantly reduces the risk of scarring.

Slimmer alars with no scars

When patients only desire a very minimal amount of narrowing, a small wedge of skin can be removed to narrow the width of the nostrils. The incision is located completely  on the inside of the  nose

I want slimmer alars and no scars.

A slight sliming can be done using only internal scars. Another treatment to consider is increasing tip projection using cartilage grafting. The increased height helps to give an illusion of narrowing.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thinner nostrils

You can slim the nostrils a bit with all internal and hidden incisions.  You appear to be a candidate for this bases on your photos.  The exact plan will be determined on an in-office exam.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD