I am removing my implants 600 CCs. Should I also do a lift? (Photo)

I really don't want the scars of an anchor lift which is what my dr recommended . I am 24 never have had children with 600 CCs in for 1 1/2 . Should I wait to do the lift or do removal with a lift . In your practices have you seen nice results without a lift ?? Or is it pretty bad I was a small C now I am a DD

Lift after implant removal

Thanks for your question- it is very likely that after having such large implants, you will have a significant amount of saggy skin if the implant is removed.  I would think that it is very likely you will need a lift for the best outcome, but you may just want to consider a smaller implant instead.  Either way, you may require a lift but I would follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.  In my practice I will often remove the implants and replace them with smaller implants, making an intra-operative decision as to whether a lift is required.Best of luck!

Breast explant of 600 cc implants

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.
  • You have large implants and after 18 months, they will have made your breasts wider and flatter.
  • You do need a lift in my opinion
  • I prefer the vertical lift in which the crease incision is largely or entirely avoided.
  • Ask your surgeon if he will do a vertical lift for you.
  • Otherwise, I share your concern that your breast shape will disappoint you.
  • In my practice, I have had a number of women have implants removed - 
  • Those that did not have a lift all had flatter, wider, looser breasts - unavoidable with all but small implants.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Explant without Lift

Based on your photos, I would remove the implants without a lift.  Your nipple position seems fine, so I would wait until you heal to see the final result.  You can always have a lift later, if needed.  Wear a tight compression garment to assist with healing.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast Explant and Lift

Even though you have not had implants for a very long time, the size of the implants are on the larger size and the question of whether your skin will retract remains to be seen.  Given that you are younger, and your nipple position appears to be in a good location, I would opt for the removal, drain placement and compression for now.  Give it 4-6 months and reassess the situation, at that point you may be very pleased at the final outcome and now have avoided the scars.  Come 6 months down the line and you still have some redundant, loose skin, then you can address it at that time.  I think you will be very please with just the removal.Good luck.Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Removing breast implants

by looking at your pictures and considering the size of the implants that you have I recommend that you have a lift so you can have a very youthful breast after removing the breast implants. By having large implants as you do, the skin is stretched and if the implants removed you will have very saggy and cosmetically unappealing breasts.  In my experience an anchor lift is not necessary and a vertical lift can be done with a very nice cosmetic result. It is very difficult to completely assess and recommend the proper operation without properly examining you therefore seen you in person would be the best way to give you proper recommendations.

Implant removal

This really is a tough call.  You may look pretty good without a lift, mostly because you are young and should have fairly elastic skin with thick dermis.  I would be inclined to wait 4-6 mo after implant removal and reevaluate.  If you have saline implants you could deflate them with a needle but I am assuming you have silicone.  Good luck, Jane   ps. a lift is not the end of the world, the scars are typically very good.

Thanks for the photograph. Your areolar position is excellent. I would Not perform a lift at this time. Drains for a week recommended with tight compression.

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

I do think that you need a breast lift when you remove the implants.

Removing 600 mL of volume from your breasts will result in a significant laxity of the skin and I don't think that you will like that appearance. You will need to have a breast lift and some rearrangement of the soft tissues to make your breasts look normal. The anchor scar is not that bad especially in clothing or swimwear. I don't think that you really have an alternative other than leaving the implants in place.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

I am removing my implants 600 CCs. Should I also do a lift?

Thank you for the question.  Based on  the information in your post, I think that you have many favorable  "factors" when it comes to expected results after breast implant removal surgery.
Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.
In "borderline" cases ( such as yours)  where there is doubt whether breast lifting is necessary or not, I advise patients to undergo explantation only and to give their breasts the benefit of the doubt (allow for about six months to pass after breast implant removal) before deciding whether breast lifting would be beneficial.

Even if only for completeness sake, learn about the option of in office breast implant deflation.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.