I am regretting my implants. Is this normal? (photos)

I am 13 days post op 550 high profile saline implants . They don't look super ugly and they are not too big . But I cry at night because I hate how they feel and am already considering taking them out. I didn't feel this way until my 9th day post op. They feel so hard and I wanted them to feel natural I am regretting because before this I was a C & my boobs were fine but society got to me . I like how they look but my main concern is will they soften . When they do will I be able to feel implant

2 weeks post BA

Thank you for your post and sharing your concerns.  It is too early for you to make a decision to take the implants out.  Please be patient has the implant pocket gets softer over 3-6 month period and you may just love it at that point.  Best of Luck

I am regretting my implants. Is this normal?

I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety you are experiencing after breast surgery. Given that you are very “fresh” out of surgery, it is quite likely that you are experiencing significant “emotional ups and downs” unnecessarily. In other words, it is much too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; your breasts will undoubtedly change (usually soften significantly) over the course of the next several weeks/months. In my practice, I often hear patients say that it took about three months for the breast implants to feel "part of them". Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to evaluation, advice, and meaningful reassurance. Do your best to stay emotionally even keeled. It may very well be that “time and patience” will be your best friends here. Occasionally, despite best efforts, patients do end up having breast implants removed;  If, you remain concerned, discuss these concerns directly with your plastic surgeon. Working together, you will come up with the best plan to proceed with. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Buyer's Remorse

Not all that unusual as to how you are feeling.  Early on, breasts are firm, swollen, and sometimes a bit distorted.  Over time (2 to 6 months), all of these will change and likely for the better.  Patience is truly a virtue with surgery.  I have had patients who insisted that I immediately remove their implants who were absolutely delighted a month or two down the road.  Don't lose faith.... give it some time first and keep lines of communication open with your surgeon.  Best of Luck !

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

At only 13 days post op, you are still early in your healing process and very swollen. Give your body time to heal and the implants will soften as the swelling resolves. They will also drop and settle some during this time. Best of luck for great results!

Its normal to feel regret

following augmentation BUT if you were comfortable with the size and look, rest assured that they will soften with time.  And if you're really having difficulties with your healing, please let your surgeon know as he/she is best equipped to help you through this difficult time.

Curtis Wong, MD

Soften

Thank you for your question and with time your Breasts should soften so try to be patient

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Concerns 2 weeks post Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and for the photos.  It is important to be patient, as you are very early in the recovery process.  It typically takes approximately 3-6 months for implants to settle and for swelling to subside. Consult your board certified plastic surgeon for massage techniques to help with this process.  Best wishes!

At 2 weeks it is still very early in the healing process. As the swelling goes down and the implants soften and drop, the shape of the breast will change. Your scars will also flatten, fade and change. It usually takes 3 months to get to your result. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have will your surgeon for his evaluation and advice. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Is it normal to regret implants 2 weeks post-op? Will they get softer?

It is normal to feel several different emotions following surgery.  At two weeks post-op, your breasts are probably still swollen and they are still very new.  I would suggest giving yourself 3 months and then re-evaluate.  At 6 weeks, they should have settled and should be looking more natural and at 3 months, they should be feeling softer.  The post-op period requires a lot of patience.  Best of luck!