I am looking at doing a Mini Arm Lift (axillary scar), Breast Lift without Implants & Liposcupture, am I a good candidate?

I would like to hopefully correct my Batwings (tricep area), Armpit/Backfat (top of bra line), Sagging Breast from having kids, and liposculpture at the same time to improve my overall physique especially on the Arm/Back area, am I a good candidate for Axilliary Arm Lift, Liposcupture & Breast Lift? I lost 60lbs and been active eversince but still having problems with loose skin and fatty areas. I am in my mid-40's.

Arm lift

Hello dear, thanks for post. An arm lift is a surgical procedure that:
  • Reduces excess sagging skin that droops downward
  • Tightens and smoothes the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
  • Reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region
Fluctuations in weight, growing older, and heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance. This is a condition that cannot be corrected through exercise.
Arm lift surgery may be right for you if the underside of your upper arms are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat.

In general, arm lift candidates include:
  • Adults with significant upper arm skin laxity
  • Adults of any age whose weight is relatively stable and who are not significantly overweight
  • Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
  • Non-smokers
  • Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations.... I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals. Good luck :)

am looking at doing a Mini Arm Lift (axillary scar), Breast Lift without Implants & Liposcupture, am I a good candidate?

In most people the axillary arm lift is an inadequate treatment because it removes very little skin; however, if your expectations are realistic, this procedure would be fine.  I perform these combination surgeries every week with treat results.  Select a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures. Breast lift and lipo can be performed at the same time.

Thank you for the question. Although nothing will replace in-person evaluation ( to assess the area of concern and quality/elasticity of the overlying skin), I would be very concerned that you will end up displeased if you have a mini- arm lift or liposuction surgery alone perform. Based on your history (of losing 40 pounds), most likely there has been some skin elasticity loss, and loose/irregular skin "redraping" is somewhat predictable.  Best to seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work; again, please make your decisions carefully. Best wishes.

Mum makeover

You need to come in for a consultation because it's impossible to give you a true opinion without an examination. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Arm lift / Brachioplasty / Liposculpture / Liposuction/ Fat Grafting / Skin Tightening / High Definition Procedures

From your description it sounds like you would be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi Definition liposcuplture of the arms as it gives a lot of skin tightening and an arm lift may not be needed.  The breast lift sounds like a good idea and then any of the fat could be used for breast fat grafting if wanted/needed.  Pictures and a physical exam are best way to assess and give true advice.

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create and athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Axillary Scar Armlift

In 16 years I have never seen someone that got a true benefit from an axillary scar based arm lift. The direction of the tightening is 90 degrees perpendicular from the direction necessary to really affect change in the laxity of arm skin. Given your significant weight loss, I'm concerned that your arm skin will not respond well to this type of lift, and any improvement you might see would be the 'unweighting' of the skin (retraction) after liposuction of the arm. 

Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that perform body contour procedures regularly and can show you examples of how fine the scars can be. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Multiple cosmetic surgeries

Thank you for your question.  It's hard to say if you're a good candidate for these surgeries without photographs.  Also, batwings after massive weight loss is unlikely to improve with a mini arm lift.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

A candidate for multiple surgeries?

This can be a very complex question that needs to be carefully considered with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Many factors go into the decision whether different surgeries are compatible at the same sitting. Although I don't have photographs, one of my main concerns would be that you mentioned you had batwing arms and desired a mini brachioplasty. This is a very weak operation in correcting any significant skin laxity. Again, you need to talk to your plastic surgeon and decide what is good for you and your expectations.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

You are asking about multiple body contouring procedures but we have no idea of your physical appearance so cannot give you any ideas specifically for you. I will tell you that patients who lose a lot of weight and try and take a shortcut on the brachioplasty scar are almost always disappointed and wind up going back to get the proper procedure done later. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Brachioplasty options

Congratulations on your recent weight loss.  It is difficult to assess whether you can benefit from an axillary incision versus a full brachioplasty. The only way to confirm which procedure is best for you is by an in person examination with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Without pictures it is difficult to guess what will work best for you.  Most weight loss patients in my experience benefit more from a full brachioplasty than a short scar incision.

Andrew Freel, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon