I had liposuction done on the outer part of my thighs. Now it looks horrible; what is this & can it be fixed? (Photos)

I had liposuction done on the outter part of my thighs. I had a small saddle bag on the right side of my leg.very small. Now is what it looks like 6 months post op. What is this and how can it be fixed? Los Angeles Dr's please..

Liposuction - horrible result!

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am sorry this happened -
  • This is a tricky area to treat.
  • I would give it another 3 months and then return to your plastic surgeon.
  • It appears to be a small ridge of fat - this can be treated with micro-liposuction (small cannula) and perhaps fat injection.
  • Or it may respond to Kybella which may cost more but is an office injection.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction irregularities

Your best at this point is weight loss.  Irregularities after liposuction are very difficult to correct completely.  Microliposuction and fat injection is the standard, but it seldom produces definitive results.In other areas such as the middle things and abdomen, the results, when combined with various types of lifts, can produce better results, but the lateral thighs themselves are quite difficult to treat.

Brent Moelleken, MD