Looking for a good doctor for fat transfer to lips? Can't seem to find one with before and after pics.

If you do fat transfer to lips and have before and after pictures please comment so I check out your real self and your website.

Fat Transfer to the Lips

If you check the before and after fat grafting gallery, you will see many before and after images of fat grafting to the lips.  I personally have posted more than 150 before and after images of facial fat grafting.  Most patients are interested in fat grafting to other areas of the face and not simply the lips alone. Fat grafting to the lips can look beautiful, natural and can be permanent. The downside is that swelling in the lips lasts longer than any other area. You are wise to look for before and after photos as this can demonstrate the skills of a plastic surgeon, and it can help you determine whether or not you and your surgeon share the same aesthetic vision.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Looking for a good doctor for fat transfer to lips?

I have over 25 years experience in fat transfer. Yes, I was one of the pioneers of the technique back in the 90's. See link for photos. You will note that most younger patients usually want much fuller lips and more mature patients tend to want to restore the volume that they had when they were younger.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer, Final Results? TEMPLES / FACE / LIPS

Fat transfer does great to treat this area but I find that fillers give a more natural look so it is best to do the fat transfer with the PRP and to not over fill and touch up later with fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip fat transfer

It should not be that difficult to find a plastic surgeon who has experience with lip fat transfer. While most plastic surgeons take pictures before and after all their work minor procedures may be excluded from photography. Many patients also do not follow up for there after pictures. In the past when I used to do more facial work I often did fat transfer including at the lips in conjunction with procedures like facelifts. I suggest continuing to call multiple plastic surgery offices with good on line reviews and inquire. It's very important to inquire how many months after the lift transfer the post the pictures are taken. The timeframe is critical in determining what the final results look like. Most plastic surgeons well over treat knowing that some of the fat will dissipate over time. If the postop photos are taken too soon the lips well and should look too big. If done at six months the results should be final. I've taken somewhere in between the results are still in a transition phase. This in accuracy of postoperative photographic timing can be a major issue particularly with fat transfer whether it's facial or body. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD