Fraxel laser after Asian eyelid surgery?

I have some acne , pitted scars on my face. I'm going to try fraxel laser to improve overall skin condition. But I had asian eyelid surgery before and I remember doctor told me don't put any scar gel on my eyelid scar after surgery because it's the scar itself giving eyelid the shape and that's the point of that surgery"creating the scar" .Now I'm worried since fraxel improves scars if I had fraxel done does it even go on your eyelid? If so can I tell my doctor avoid to laser on that part?

Fraxel laser for Scars

The Fraxel laser is a fabulous laser for treating acne scars on the face with the 1550 wavelength.  You will need a few sessions spaced one month apart to get the best cosmetic results.  With Asian skin I especially like the eMatrix laser for treating acne scars since you can treat the skin on deeper settings and not worry about hyper pigmentation.  I would definitely avoid the eyelid area in your case.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist who is experienced with lasers and scar treatments.

Avoid areas if needed...

Yes, if you want the area avoided, by all means do not have Fraxel on the eyelids, but only concentrate on the scar areas. 

If your bleph scar is great, and there is no visible scar, why treat this area. I would personally treat the acne scars, and blend in the surrounding skin, avoiding the eyelids. This will also make the procedure more pleasant, as you will not have lid swelling for 2-4 days post Fraxel. 

Bottom line- don't do the lids if you do not need to. 

Cheers

DR Davin Lim
Laser dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Laser for Acne Scars

If you only have past acne scars and no chronic acne vulgaris eruptions on your face than the Fraxel 1550 laser can help with reducing acne scars and is never used directly on/over the eye lids. You might also consider a slightly more aggressive treatment with a Co2 laser treatment such as the Smartxide for the acne scars. At our practice we have seen great results with this procedure, but as with all lasers, it typically takes a series of treatments to achieve the desired results. In your case, you would advise the practitioner doing any laser to avoid your eye area to prevent any compromise from your eye lid surgery.

Neil Sadick, MD

Fraxel and Asian Bleph

I have all my patients who do surgery have fractional laser (fraxel/clear and brilliant) or fractiona radiofrequency (sublative) to start treatments 3 weeks after surgery.  This helps the scars remodel and look better long term.  It also can help with your acne scars and acne.  Microneedling (which I often combine) with fraxel, enhances the results more.  I suggest going to an expert on lasers and scar treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.