How to find a PS that is specialised only in the eye area procedures/tear trough fillers/dissolving? I don't want a general PS.

I had really bad Restylane injected in tear trough by a double certified PS, that was soo highly spoken of. Basically he ended up ruining my tear troughs completely! I don't even look at mirrors anymore! I want somebody who specialises ONLY in that area for fillers and dissolving them, and really knows the EYE anatomy, and not just those doctors that make you feel rushed, and just injects without really examining. Please help I need a Restylane dissolving specialist and not a jack of all trades

Doctor Answers 5

Who is an eyelid specialist?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 Thank you for asking your question. Oculoplastic Surgeons are eyelid specialists who focus on the treatment of many eyelid conditions. They perform simple as well as complex surgeries and manage the complications of other doctors. Injection of fillers around the eyes is also commonly performed by experienced Oculoplastic Surgeons. See an experienced doctor who makes you feel comfortable. Good luck,

Doctor specializing in eye issues

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your best bet for that is to see a board certified oculoplastic surgeon who specializes in the aesthetic aspects of the eyes

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

See a Cosmetic Dermatologist for Hyaluronidase

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist that specializes in fillers. Restylane can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase. It may take a series of treatments. Belotero is a good alternative filler for the tear troughs. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Eyelid filler injection or reversal by oculoplastic specialist

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best to see an oculoplastic specialist. You can google or visit for a list. You can also see following link and video.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 91 reviews

Hyaluronidase dissolves Restylane

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The important thing to know is that Restylane is pretty easily dissolved in the tear trough area with some hyaluronidase.  If you are looking for doctors who specialize in the periorbital area, I would consider an oculoplastic or facial plastic surgeon.  These doctors should be board certified by the ASOPRS or AAFPRS.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.