How do you feel about Ideal Implants?

A doctor suggested Ideal Implants to me because I don't like the silent rupture. How does it feel compared to regular Saline implants? What are the pros and cons? What do you feel is better and Why?

How do you feel about Ideal Implants?

The IDEAL implants are the newest FDA approved breast implants.  They feel more natural, closer to silicone gel implants but have the reassurance of being filled with saline.  As you've mentioned, there is no concern over silent ruptures as with silicone implants and no need for follow up MRIs every couple of years.  The design of multiple shells and 2 chambers of saline allow the implant to maintain its contour very well.  There is less wrinkling and the movement of fluid is controlled, eliminating sloshing.  Also, the upper pole of the implant doesn't collapse as many other implants do.  Based on a clinical trial of over 500 patients with a follow up of over 5 years, the patient satisfaction rate is near 95% and the deflation and capsular rates are lower than most other implant makers.  The downside is that the implants cost more, possibly increasing your overall fee for surgery.  I've been happy using these implants since they've been on the market.  They're the new generation saline implants - they are far superior to the old saline implants.  Basically, I have stopped using the old saline implants as I offer only IDEAL saline and silicone.  Hope that helps!

Ideal Implants, An Answer to the Concern About Silent Rupture. How Do They Feel?

Having used Ideal implants in my practice for several months, I can say that they feel very good, quite smooth, with a normal firmness, and not much if any palpable wrinkling even in patients with fairly thin tissue coverage. They can be inflated in a range so they can vary from normal softness to a bit firmer, which could be helpful if the patient is really thin. They have nice projection, in between a moderate and high profile implant, and have a feel somewhat like the Natrelle Inspira gel which is 95% filled with gel, compared with the regular Natrelle style 15 which is 85% filled with gel.
And you never need an MRI or have to worry about silent rupture. The current 5 year deflation rates are around 2% which is better than most saline or gel implants.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

How do you feel about Ideal Implants?

The Ideal implant is a structured saline implant.  I think this is the best new development in breast implants in the past 20 years.  Ideal implants have the feel of silicone because of the internal structure of the implant and feel more natural than traditional saline implants.  There is less chance of wrinkling and you don't have to worry about the possibility of silent rupture as you mentioned.  These implants have an excellent track record since the study began 5 years ago.  I have been using the Ideal implant since they became available in 2015 and my patients have been very happy with the results, and I am very enthusiastic that I can offer these implants to my patients.  I hope this helps.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon