Explanting 600 CC saline implants - do I need a lift?

I had my surgery 1 1/2 at the age of 22 . I am now 24 I've never had children or anything do I need a lift

Lot of variables

There are a lot of variables in this situation - are the nipples in good position, what is your tissue elasticity like, what are your expectations for the final result, etc.    If you expect a perky looking breast, I'd say the chances of you benefiting from some type of lift would be high.............but I could not say for certain without seeing you in person.

Will I need a breast lift after removal of 600 cc saline implants?

It really depends.  It depends on the quality of your tissue as well as the degree of perkiness you are looking for following removal.  The biggest issue with implant removal is that there is really no way (other than fat grafting) to replace lost volume to the top of the breasts.  The lower pole of your breasts will tend to be full because of gravity and the way that the tissue will distribute when you sit up but the upper pole will tend to remain concave.
My suggestion to you and to all of my patients is to wait at least 6 months after surgery before deciding on a lift.  At that point, if you need one you can get one.  And if you don't, then you have spared yourself the incisions associated with the breast lift procedure.I hope that helps and wish you the very best with your surgery!

Breast implant removal and lifts

In general, putting in normal sized implants is like putting a pillow behind your breasts and things don't change much from the implant or from 1 1/2 years, but 600 cc implants were likely too big for your tissues and stretched them out such that you are less likely to look the way you did when the implants were put in. This is a good reason not to use implants that are too big and stretch or distort the tissues on a first time augmentation.Another thing to keep in mind is that implants don't truly lift the breast when they're put in and they don't truly make the breasts sag when they are taken out. The effect of the lift or sag is an illusion created by the forward volume and fill of the upper pole and fill-out of the lower pole. I would recommend considering a simple removal of the implants via a 2 cm inframammary crease incision which can be done with local anesthesia only, and then consider your options or needs. You can even turn around and have the augmentation done again, perhaps with a different size or type of implant. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Boulder Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question.  Based on  the information in your post, I think that you have many favorable  "factors" when it comes to expected results after breast implant removal surgery.
Generally speaking what breasts look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.
In "borderline" cases ( such as yours)  where there is doubt whether breast lifting is necessary or not, I advise patients to undergo explantation only and to give their breasts the benefit of the doubt (allow for about six months to pass after breast implant removal) before deciding whether breast lifting would be beneficial. 
Even if only for completeness sake, learn about the option of in office breast implant deflation.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Big implants in for 2 years only....lift needed?

If you looked good before surgery, just take them out and pray. These usually snap back pretty well as you are young. Remember have your ps REPAIR the muscle!!! They will look a lot better. Good luck.

Lisa Cassileth, MD, FACS

It is impossible to determine if you will need a lift without an in person consultation. Seek breast revision specialist in your area

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - 600 CC's - do I need a lift?

Maybe.In general, the factors that contribute to "needing" a lift include the size of the implants, how long they were in place, weight changes of your own including pregnancies, individual characteristics of your skin, etc.  At 2 years one might, in theory, be less likely to need a lift - but with 600's you have to expect that your skin will have stretched out.You should be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon for a full and complete assessment and it's even a good idea to see a few surgeons to get different opinions.  You might, for example, be able to stage this - have the implants removed and see how your body heals over a 6-12 month period, at which point you can reassess.  A photo might help make a better recommendation via this forum but you will, in any event, need to rely on a surgeon who can examine you in person.I hope that this helps and good luck,Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500