I have trouble breathing. How dangerous is a nose job?

I don't even get a choice. I have to have one for my breathing. If this doesn't work it's going to ruin my life......and don't say that i do have a choice because i cant bear to live the rest of my life with awful breathing.....

Breathing problems

You need to see a nasal specialist to determine the cause of your nasal obstruction.  You either have a deviated spectrum or enlarged turbinates both of which can be corrected surgically.

Safety of Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty surgery is very safe. When performed by the right surgeon you can have a wonderful result in a very safe manner. The main thing is that you seek a board certified facial surgeon to perform this procedure because it is a game of mm's and you want a perfectionist that loves to operate on noses.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Trouble breathing and nose surgery

Dear poppy20,

• Nose surgery is very safe with predictable results
  • Be sure to find a nose specialist who can address all of your concerns
  • When you go to your consultation, please bring up your worries so you can be reassured]

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Nasal surgery

The surgery is very safe.  You are probably at greater risk getting in your car and driving around LA then you are having surgery

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Septorhinoplasty is a very safe procedure.

Septorhinoplasty is a very safe procedure if done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. In 35 years of rhinoplasty surgery I have had no infections or bleeding.