CoolSculpting - no change in appearance after the procedure?

I have seen photos of people who had cool sculpting procedure completed on them, but while seeing the before and after photos of them I did not notice any change in appearance after the procedure? If someone gets cool sculpting on there stomach, and sides even though you lose 20-25% percent of body fat or body volume someone should be able to notice a difference? Right. Can the difference be huge or slight difference from before to after the procedure?

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting destroys 25% of the fat cells in a target area each treatment. If you have not gained any weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle, perhaps another treatment may give you more of a result. Some patients require more than one treatment. I would recommend speaking with your chosen provider. Ensure that you see a physician with experience in CoolSculpting. 

Regards, 

Hi and thanks for your question. Coolsculpting generally makes a noticeable improvement in the area(s) treated by about 25-30%. The results are most noticeable by three months. If a patient gains weight after the procedure then the results will obviously be much less. 

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  Coolsculpting get rid of about 20% of the fat cells in an area per treatment.  Depending on the amount of fat present prior to surgery, the visual results can be more dramatic or more subtle.  Part of the visual improvement is also related to how the skin contracts or shrinks. If you skin doesn't tighten as much, visually, you will see less change (same thing can happen with lipo).  That's why proper patient selection is important.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

The results of non invasive treamtents are much less than surgery.  Hi definition body shaping is the extreme difference and improves the area completely which is evident from the first day.  15-20% change per treatment of coolsculpting means that most people will need a few treatments in the same area before seeing a bulk difference and then also treatments in the surrounding areas to get a contouring like result.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting and Results NYC

That is an excellent question because the results depend on the area treated and whether or not you were a good candidate to begin with.  Coolsculpting reduces the fat in a given area of treatment by 20 percent. Please post photos to give you a better answer.  I turn many patients away from doing Coolsculpting because they are not the right candidates.  Please consult an expert for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Differences in appearance after CoolSculpting

Each person is different, so the amount of visual improvement from a CoolSculpting procedure can vary.  Typically, about 20-25% of the fat cells in the treated area will be destroyed in a treatment session.  The visual improvement that this brings may appear more dramatic in some people or more subtle.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon