CoolSculpting - do you not see positive results before the 90 day period is over?

They say you can get better results from liposuction than from cool sculpting, but with cool sculpting you do not see no positive results before the 90 day period is well over? After thirty days I would look the same as I did before having the procedure? After 75 days I would look the same as I did before the cool sculpting procedure? If this is accurate, and with cool sculpting you only see 25% of difference from how your stomach would look, can that 25% be a huge difference before to after results?

Thank you for your question. Yes, it takes about 9-12 weeks to see full results. It is difficult to answer your question without examining you. Some patients may need more than 1 treatment to see the result they want. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedure, and determine if you are a candidate. Regards, 

Yes you will see results after a few weeks but it takes about 90 days after treatment has been completed before seeing the final result. See a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and experienced with coolsculpting to provide the best treatment plan for you. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

They are two very different procedures. Of course Liposuction will provide more dramatic results more quickly, but involves surgery, healing and a period of downtime that may not be for everyone. You will see results with coolsculpting but the length of time depends on how quickly a person metabolizes the fat. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

Coolsculpting only does a small improvement in the treatment area and cannot give you defining and contouring.  It takes 90 days to see the 15-20% improvement from a single treatment.  Liposuction can do a significant improvement much more quickly.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CoolSculpting Results Over the Weeks and Months that Follow Treatment

Liposuction and CoolSculpting can be better suited to different patients. It depends on their concerns, the goals that they have, and whether or not they are able to undergo surgery. Talking to a board certified plastic surgeon in your area is one way you can help to determine which of these procedures would be best for you. Typically full CoolSculpting results take about 4 months to fully materialize, though we have had patients notice changes just four weeks after their session that continue to improve. Some patients also benefit from multiple sessions on the same area. Many of our patients report a noticeable reduction in fat. You may benefit from looking through before and after photos of CoolSculpting treatments to get a better idea of what potential results can look like.

Coolsculpting expectations

Coolsculpting can take 3-4 month for full results from treatments.  The tissue generally decreases slowly over this period of time.  At a month, most patients notice a difference in the areas treated.  For best results, multiple treatment tips and treatments are usually needed.   The fat reduction varies from patient to patient and by area treated.  Fat reduction has found to range from 10%-25%.  It is important to know that this a reduction in the fatty layer, not a reduction of size.   It is important to have an open consultation that includes a discussion of expectation of results prior to treatment.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

When to see CoolSculpting results?

I would say that it can take as long as 3-4 months to see the full effect from a CoolSculpting treatment but that you could begin to see some improvement in as soon as a month.  The fat reduction gradually improves over time.  With a single treatment session, normally about 20-25% of the fat cells in the treated area will be destroyed.  This does not mean that there would be a 20-25% reduction in volume to the area.  The amount of visual reduction can vary by individual.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon