I've had coolsculpting done for my double chin; would it be safe to get Kybella done a month later?

Kybella after Coolmini!

You can do Kybella after coolmini, but I would wait 3 or 4 months to see  full results from coolmini. Sometimes you need 2 rounds of coolmini. Please consult with a board certified dermatologist to see what is the best plan for you. Best, Dr.Green.

Thank you for your question. You may want to wait the full 3 months as it takes 9-12 weeks to see results from CoolSculpting. I would also recommend speaking to your provider.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpting and Kybella

It can take up to 3 or 4 months to see the full results from CoolSculpting.  Both CoolSculpting and Kybella usually take multiple treatments on the submental area to see optimal results.  You can try one or two more treatments of CoolSculpting on the area to see if you get the results you are looking for.  You can do your second CoolSculpting treatment 30 days after your first treatment.  If you decide to try Kybella instead, it may be best to wait the full 2-3 months.  It would be best to see the board certified plastic surgeon who did your CoolSculpting treatment to see what they recommend.  Both of these non-invasive treatments take some time to see the results, so don't worry if you don't see any drastic results only a month after the first treatment.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Kybella after Cool Sculpting

While not clinically contraindicated I would wait a full 2-3 months after your repeat cool mini's to see how your chin is doing and compare your before and after photos. If at that time you are still seeking improvement and don't have a problem with Laxity of the skin in the submental area then seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Kybella After CoolSculpting

Technically, you can do Kybella after a CoolSculpting treatment, but I don't really see the point in doing it. Both treatments work well to reduce the fat. They both require multiple treatments. CoolSculpting can take 2-3 sessions. Kybella can take 3-4. Neither works on loose skin if that's your main issue. Since you've started with CoolSculpting you may want to get another treatment to see if it helps. If you don't see results then I would recommend considering a ThermiTight treatment which can melt fat and tighten skin at the same time. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

This area is best treated with VASER/thermiRF. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options. Kybella is an alternative. I find that coolsculpting does very little here but can be combined for sometimes better outcomes.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Kybella after Coolsculpting

In most cases it is recommended to treat the chin twice for best results.  If you have not under went 2 rounds of the mini, I would think about doing so before you try another treatment plan. Remember it is still to early to see full result of your CoolSculpting. 

Kybella following Cool Mini

If you went to a reputable Cool Sculpt Center then you probably know that 2 cool mini's are often recommended for optimal results. All the marketing photos from Zeltiq are based on two treatments. Remember too that Cool Sculpt results can take up to 6-12 weeks so I would wait to see your results before spending more money on a different treatment. You have not had enough time to see how your cool sculpt results will be yet. When you are a few more weeks out I would go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for treatment. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Kybella after CoolSculpting

It should be fine to get the Kybella treatment after the CoolSculpting but my question would be why you would not just continue with CoolSculpting. Both may require multiple treatments, up to 4 for Kybella. Not methods have demonstrated high patient satisfaction and consistent results. You also need to realize that the full results of your first CoolSculpting treatment may not have yet occurred. 

Either way way I don't think you can go wrong

All the best

Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician