With Cool sculpting you have to wait 90 days to see a 15-25% difference in body fat reduction?

They tell me that with cool sculpting you have to wait 90 days to see a 15-25% difference in body fat reduction? I want to ask after 90 days and a 15-25% fat reduction can that be significant if someone weighed 180 lbs before the procedure to what his chest and side will look after the 15-25% difference?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to advise you without seeing you. We usually recommend patients to be at their ideal weight prior to the procedure for the best results. Yes, it takes 3 months to see the full results from each treatment. I would recommend speaking to your treating physician about your treatment plan. An in-person assessment is always best. Also, always ensure that you see a physician with expertise in CoolSculpting. Regards,

Hi and thanks for your question. Coolsculpting is not a replacement for weight loss. It only improves the contour of areas of fat which you can readily pinch.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

See your doctor

Your doctor can help you evaluate the tissues you want removed.
Liposuction, Vaser, and Smarlipo are all options that are invasive.
Coolsculpting and Sculpsure are non invasive, drive in and drive out procedures.
All can be successful in different patients.

Coolsculpting and Results

It takes 4 months to see the full effects from Coolsculpting.  You should be close to your ideal body weight to have the best cosmetic results.  You will see a 20 to 25% reduction in fat in the treated area after just one session.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

CoolSculpting and Fat Reduction

Many patients see a change in the area that's been treated with CoolSculpting within the first month. However, it takes a while for the body to process and eliminate all of the dead fat cells, and so full results are typically not visible until about 3 to 4 months after treatment. That being said, the best candidates for CoolSculpting are at or close to their ideal weight and are struggling with small, stubborn pockets of fat that don't respond to changes in diet or exercise. If you are looking for a very dramatic reduction in fat, it's likely not the right procedure for you.

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

This is the reason why many people who see me do VASER hi def liposuction or body contouring over this.  You will need multiple treatments and applicators of this technology to get contouring and significant change if you have a large amount of fat.  If you have a small problem area this may be okay to see 10-20% improvement in 90 days.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting time frame

Results from Coolsculpting start as early as 3 weeks. I can take up to 3 months to see a difference. 10-15% of people don't notice much difference. The average fat loss in about 24% in the treated area. Many people need more than one treatment to get to their desired goals. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

CoolSculpting Results

Most people start seeing the results of their CoolSculpting treatments after 3-4 weeks, with final results in 3 months. You can expect around a 20% reduction in fat, which in most people is a noticeable difference. At 180lbs you will probably need more than 1 round of treatment for optimal results. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting

The reduction of fat is about 20%, in each of the areas treated. You can repeat the treatment to get more reduction or you may consider liposuction for faster and more dramatic improvement.