Columella strut recommendation 3rd rhinoplasty

I need my columella strut trimmed because it makes these grinding sounds. I can feel it move upon lip movement and pinch the actual strut through my upper lip because it goes past my columella. some docs want to trim it closed... some want to do it open and some even want to do it with local closed? I dont want to feel it though through my upper lip post op though and the docs say they will only trim it so it doesnt click but I will still feel it through my upper lip probably???

Strut grinding

I would do it closed under local. This way you can see the results and decide if more is needed.To do an open for a strut fitting is insane

Columellar Strut Grinding

Without a proper evaluation, it's hard to make any concrete recommendations.  If the columellar strut is too long and is grinding against the adjacent nasal structures, it may need to be shortened or altered.  The best recommendation is to consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD