Can my columella be partially restored?? (photo)

Recently went to fix a twisted tip and also wanted my columella visibility SLIGHTLY reduced. Result: my tip was derotated too much, my alar rims were lowered WAY down to the base of my nostrils and part of my columella was shaved off. My nostrils were asymmetrical but the columella sort of hid that. Now it looks hideous because the columella visibility was reduced far too much, especially on the right side. My tip was round and is now pointy. Profile looks ok but front view was ruined. Fixable?

Columella restored

Unfortunately, I am not appreciating what you are concerned about; sometimes photos don't do justice and a physical examination is necessary; the columella can be altered to look like any shape that you want.

Can my columella be partially restored?

From the photos it appears the surgeon did a overall good job of straightening the nose. A graft could be used to produce a little more columella show.

Curtis Perry, MD
Downey Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restoring My Columella

Your nostrils are flared but these limited pictures do not demonstrate problems with tip rotation or columellar position. A complete set of pictures for nasal evaluation as described on my website may be helpful. When did you have the surgery?

Thank you for the photos and I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon but from what I can see he has done a very good job improving the appearance of your nose.  But can the columella be lowered YES
Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD