Will child bearing ruin the appearance of my BA? (Photo)

I am 26 years old, very athletic. My mother said her breasts did well after breastfeeding 2. Slight drooping but she kept some breast tissue and is a B cup. I want to have 3 children but do not want to rush kids just to get the breasts I want. I also don't want to spend 10k if I will just ruin them with breastfeeding.

Breast Augmentation after childbirth

Good morning and thank you for your question and photo! Your body and breasts especially will go through many changes during and after childbirth. Just how drastic those changes will be can't be predicted. You currently have a very favorable shape and figure for this type of procedure. And if your mom didn't experience much change, it's possible you will follow her suit. Best of luck to you! When you are ready for the procedure, make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and options.

Pregnancy and breasts

Hi. Your entire body will change after being pregnant - not only your breasts, but your waistline etc. This is inevitable, and will occur whether you have implants or not. To what extent things will change is impossible to predict, but a change of some degree is  a given. You appear to have a lovely figure with small but appropriate breasts for your body size and athletic  lifestyle. Why not simply leave your breasts as they are and review after your first baby!

Paul Jason Skoll, MBChB, FRCS, FCS (SA) Plast
South Africa Plastic Surgeon

Depends on your timeline for having children.

Your concerns over the right timing for breast augmentation are incredibly common. Going through pregnancy changes the body in many ways, especially the breasts and it’s difficult to predict exactly how your body will respond. Some women have implants before having children and are still happy with their breasts after pregnancy, while others feel they need a revision to “fix” the way pregnancy has changed them. I would suggest taking into consideration when you intend to have children. If you think children are a possibility in the near future, you may want to wait. However, if you’re not in a relationship or don’t expect to try for children for several more years, you may want to go ahead with your augmentation and enjoy your results until the time comes to have a family. With that option, just know that a revision surgery after children is a possibility. Best of luck.

Breast augmentaiton and pregnancy

In general, most of our patients who have a child after having had breast augmentation are still very happy. Granted, your whole body will change, and so will your breasts. If you plan to have a child in the next year or two, maybe you should hold off, but if it is in the distant future you can consider breast augmentation now.  Best wishes, 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Will child bearing ruin the appearance of my BA

it is unpredictable as to how your breasts will respond after a breast augmentation and three children. Although your mother's history helps, there is no guarantee you will have the same response. In general, the longer you breast feed the greater the negative effects on your breast form the cosmetic point of view.

Julio Garcia, MD

Pregnancy and breasts

Thank you for the question and no one has a Chrystal ball as to how your breasts might look after pregnancies or your body for that matter but an augmentaion now should not cost 10 thousand (more like half that) and can always be revised in the future if needed 
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Effects of Pregnancy on Breast Augmentation

In my three decades of experience I have met a few patients whose breasts held up well after pregnancies but in a proportion of cases the inevitable changes led to the need for an uplift and sometimes a change of implants.  As plastic surgeons we of course tend to see in our offices the women who want and need a revision or uplift and those happy with the results see little need to return.  Your natural shape appears to be excellent which should work on your behalf however the goal of three pregnancies will make it more likely that a lift or revision may be necessary.  Most of my patients tell me that they'd rather enjoy the results of their BA now and deal with future possibilities down the road.  It becomes of course a personal decision.Meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon to discuss and review your options.  Enjoy the video link above.
Jon A.. Perlman, M.D. FACS Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery ABC TV  Extreme Makeover Surgeon  Best of Los Angeles Award  2015, 2016 Beverly Hills, Ca.  

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Will child bearing ruin the appearance of my BA?

Dear SunnydladyI often recommend you look at the timeline of your plans. If you are planning on having children in the near future, then it is very reasonable to wait before having a breast augmentation. If you are single and/or might have children in 4-5 years, then it is a very different scenario. There is no predictable way of knowing how your breasts will change after pregnancy and how they will look with vs without implants in the above scenario.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast feeding

Normally breast feeding will affect the shape of the implanted breast. Weight change from pregnancy will also change skin elasticity. Many women require revision after pregnancy 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Effect of childbearing on breast appearance.

Thanks for your question.  Childbearing will affect each person's breasts uniquely.  Some women's breasts bounce back, but others will develop changes like less upper breast fullness, sagging, or stretch marks.