Hi, I would like to ask if cheek implants would help my cheekbone more prominent? (Photos)

Would cheek implants make my cheekbones more anguler and wider and do they look and feel natural .Am i a cheek implant candidate. Is there an alternative to cheek implants. Do they hurt after the procedure and is it safe? And at what age is it do facial bones stop growing? And is it possible to make them like the picture below.

Hi, I would like to ask if cheek implants would help my cheekbone more prominent?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures, over the past 30 years, using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts as needed.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is some excess fat in front of the cheeks, chin is weak as are the mandibular angles.  This combines to create an elongated oval shaped face.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.   Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.
  • Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
Hope this helps.

Malar Augmentation

You appear to have a flat mid-face with weak malar bones. I believe that you would be an excellent candidate to consider surgical malar augmentation with silastic cheek implants. I would consider Terino Malar Implants through an intra-oral approach and secured with titanium screws, under general anesthesia. The procedure is safe and effective, associated with some discomfort and swelling for about 3-5 days. After surgery, they look and feel natural. Your surgeon can select the appropriate size and thickness for the look you desire. Other implant shapes may work as well, depending on your in-person examination and goals. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin/Cheek Augmentation -- Fillers such as Radiesse, Voluma, Perlane/Fat/Implant

I suggest getting a formal evaluation.  This can be treated with fillers, implants, fat or sculptra.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Cheek implant candidate

Cheek implants are placed for patient to have a  flat maxilla and a flat cheek profile.  Cheek implants are composed of Silastic, are manufactured and a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed through an intraoral approach under brief general anesthesia to give permanent results.  Temporary augmentation can be performed with fillers in the office setting. For more information and many  before and after examples of cheek implants, please see the link and the video below

Would cheek implants help my cheekbones be more prominent?

Thank you for your question and photographs. I favor the use of dermal fillers over cheek implants as I appreciate their inherent flexibility of adjusting results as your facial tissues age.  I think an appropriate cheek filler, such as Voluma, will help to add volume and definition to your cheek region to improve your profile.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for the best advice.  

Will Implants Make My Cheeks More Prominent?

Implants will make your cheeks more prominent and improve cheeks contours and facial balance. Other techniques such as filler or fat injections will add volume but will not achieve as much definition. Implants look and feel natural. The procedure is safe and pain, controlled with analgesics, is temporary. Review results on the websites of surgeons you consider for treatment.