Is it better to get cheek and chin implant at the same time or seprate times?

Cheek and chin implants

These procedures can be accomplished alone, or with one  surgery. The surgery is simple and safe and can easily be reversed if you are unsatisfied with the results. I prefer soft silicone implants for my patients. A single titanium screw is used to hold the implant in place. Also, the incision to place these implants can be performed from inside the mouth.... there is no need for a skin incision with these implants.

Dear Drake619, It would be advised to have these procedures performed together so that the surgeon can nicely balance the patients facial aesthetics. You will also have one recovery period and at the same time have reduced expenses with one procedure. See some expert surgeons for consultation and have imaging performed to show you the proposed changes, review the surgeons before and after photographs and then you will be well advised on your choices. See the link below and video above for examples. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Cheek implants

Getting both done at the same surgery is advisable in most cases.  Computerized imaging can help determine the size and shape of the implant.  An in-office consultation with an expert is needed for a more detailed plan.  Best wishes.  

David Alessi, MD

Chin implant and cheek implants

A  chin implant is performed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile.   Cheek implants are placed for patients who have a flat maxilla and flat cheek profile.  Both procedures can be performed together, or separately depending upon the patient's desires.  Anticipate 2 weeks of visible swelling and bruising for both procedures, so many patients perform them together to minimize the down time. In our practice, we use Implantech Silastic malar  and sub--malar cheek implants, and  Mittleman pre-jowl chin implants.  For more information, diagrams of the implants  and many examples of both procedures, please see the video and the link  below

Timing of chin and cheek implants

There is not reason both can't be done the same time. They are in totally different fields.You'll have one surgical day instead of two and there may be some savings having only one surgical day.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Cheek and Chin Implant

Thank you so much for your question. Having both procedures done at the same time would be the best option since it requires only one time in the operating room and one recovery. Speak with your board certified plastic surgeon if you have any questions or concerns about the procedures being performed at the same time. Wish you all the best,Dr. Henry Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Cheek and Chin Implants at Same Time or Separate Procedures?

I strongly recommend doing both procedures at the same time so you have just one operation and recovery. Last but not least, it should be a little less expensive.

As long as the procedures you have mentioned are the correct ones for reaching your goal, doing them at the same time is the best choice.  

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Better to get cheek and chin implant at the same time or seprate times?

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help with the evaluation. I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Conversely, men look handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.
 Think of facial beauty as something that "must" address all layers of the face including the skeletal structure of the cheeks and chin, the overlying SMAS muscle, amount and position of subcutaneous fat and finally the degree of skin laxity. It's an "urban myth" that pulling tissues over flat cheeks and a weak chin can create a beautiful or handsome face. Similarly, dermal fillers or facial implants alone can't lift and remove excess skin from the face and neck. Natural looking beauty is created by the aesthetic vision of what tissue layers need to be adjusted by what technique and amount. I perform Cheek Augmentation with cheek implants under a general anesthetic in about 30 minutes, the same for Chin Augmentation and often perform both at the same time.Hope this helps.