What would you change about my nose? (Photo)

I am considering rhinoplasty and would love to hear different opinions on what you all think should be done to make my nose look more appealing! Thanks a ton : )

Rhinoplasty Surgery Candidate

Dear Scarlett_girl, Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding rhinoplasty surgery. During consultation digital imaging would be performed to show you what changes would best fit your facial aesthetics. These changes would include hump reduction, osteotomies to narrow the bridge and tip refinement. These changes would be performed in order to allow a more refined nose that is complimentary to your facial features while providing a very natural overall appearance. After consultation and imaging the surgeon can further discuss the more intricate details of surgery that need to be performed to ensure the desired result. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

I think you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  I would lower the bridge and refine the tip.  You will likely need the bones broken also to barrow the nose.  Your rhinoplasty can be done either as an open or closed rhinoplasty.  The important choice will be your selection of a surgeon who is quite experienced with rhinoplasty and one with whom you are comfortable.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

There are two things that can be done which will make a huge change for you:
1) lower your nasal bridge (remove the hump)
2) Perform a tip-plasty (reduce the size of the tip cartilages, and sew them into a better configuration)

There may be other things to do; I could tell you more after a complete exam, including evaluating your septum and airway.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Change my nose?

So there are many things we as Rhinoplasty surgeons can change. You need to decide what bothers you about your nose. I could tell you that I would take down the bump, modify your nasal tip to give it better definition, and narrow the bones at the upper part of you nose, but you may not be bothered by any of that. There are so many things that can be done so just really think about what you want for change, convey that very specifically to your surgeon and then you both can formulate the best plan for your Rhinoplasty.

Richard J. Brown, MD

What would you change about my nose?

I would perform a closed rhinoplasty with dorsal hump reduction and tip refinement.

Changes to Improve My Nose

I would remove the nasal hump, narrow your entire nose including the tip which needs to be refined. Your tip cartilages are separated and hanging.need to see a complete set of pictures as described on my website or you to make more specific recommendations.

Rhinoplasty Suggestions

Hi Scarlette,

In every consultation, I try to work with my patients to understand what they like and don't like about their nose, as well as help them visualize how different modifications will look on them by doing photo recreations.  That being said, there are some "ideal angles" when it comes to rhinoplasty - for you to try to get closer to those "ideal angles" I would recommend taking down the nasal dorsal hump, narrowing your nose slightly, and refining the tip.  For the details you'd have to come into the office in person so I could draw you some diagrams and also show you some photo recreations on the computer.  Being double board certified in ENT as well as Plastic Surgery, I would also try to address any breathing problems you might have

Best of luck!!!

Dr. Catherine Begovic

Rhinoplasty candidate for wide tip and dorsal hump

In our practice, we ask the patient what changes they would like to have performed on their nose. Sometimes, patients are not exactly sure of the exact changes that can be made, and then we can make suggestions.  The photographs demonstrate a dorsal hump and a wide tip which can be addressed during a closed rhinoplasty procedure. Computer imaging would also help in the education process. For many examples of dorsal hump reduction, tip refinement and more information, please see the link below

Thank you for the photos and clearly you would benefit from a rhinoplasty to refine the tip and remove a hump.  That said to be fully informed I would go to experts who will take your photo digitally and then alter it with your input until you see the changes you are looking for.  That way you will be fully informed as to what can and what cannot be accomplished 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Proposed rhinoplasty changes

I am assuming you are a female. Better photographs would be helpful to give a more proper answer. Anyway, I would remove the hump refine the tip without causing any tip elevation because you're showing enough nostril as it is. The tip will need support to prevent it fromcoming in closer to your face. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for this what does natural noses.