Am I a candidate for Kybella or Neck Lift? (Photos)

In my early teens I had a defined jawline but over the years I've developed a double chin and obtuse neck angle. Will Kybella help me achieve a defined profile or something more invasive like Lipo or neck lift would be needed?

Kybella vs. Neck LIft

Thank you for your question. You are the ideal Kybella (or neck liposuction) candidate. You have excellent skin quality, and localized fat underneath your chin. You would likely need 4-5 treatments of Kybella spaced 6 weeks apart to see the results you're looking for; or, one session of liposuction to the neck and jawline which can easily be performed under local anesthesia. Because you appear to have good skin quality (nothing takes the place of an in-person exam, mind you), I am confident your skin would snap back nicely and you would get the defined jawline you seek. Best of luck! 

Kybella

You are the perfect candidate for Kybella. Keep in mind that you will need at least 2 treatments and possibly a third treatment to correct the degree of laxity you have.

Charles Fatseas, MD
Franklin Physician

Kybella treatment for double chin

Excess fat below the chin, although referred to as a double chin, can be the result of a combination of genetics, aging, and weight gain. Based on your photos, you would be a great candidate for treatment with Kybella. I recommend you see an experienced Kybella injector for an in-person evaluation.

Kybella or neck lift?

Dear brokemynose99:I do not believe you have enough neck laxity to warrant the lower downtime, expense, and potential side effects of a neck lift. #Kybella in a series of 2 to 4 treatments should give you a nice loss of fat and some tightening, which will give you a more defined jawline and the appearance of a slimmer face. You will have significant swelling with the first treatment, but after that it will be much better.  Good luck!   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Kybella for Neck Lift NYC

You appear to be the perfect candidate for Kybella to test the submental fat under your chin. It generally takes three treatments to permanently reduce the fat. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green 

Double chin: kybella vs. neck lift

This a good question that many people ask; The fat melting drug called Kybella only treats or addresses fat that is located under the skin (pre-platysmal fat). Many men have another layer of fat that lies beneath the muscle (post-platysmal fat). In order to remove this second layer of fat and provide a better result requires a neck lift. With this very minimally invasive surgery, the first layer of fat can be removed with liposuction and the second layer can be removed with a platysmalpasty. Your cosmetic surgeon will need to perform a through exam of your neck to determine which or both layers of fat are creating the double chin.

Kybella and ultherapy

based on your pictures, I'd say you may benefit from both kybella and ultherapy.  The kybella would help destroy the fat cells and then to give definition to your jaw line, I would consider a lower face ultherapy treatment.  It doesn't work over night.  But over the course of six months you may get the definition you are looking for.  Then add the kybella and you should get a  very nice contoured look!

Kybella vs neck lift

Thank you for your photo. Kybella is a sterile synthetic version of a fat dissolving substance naturally found in your body. It helps by targeting a specific area under your chin to reduce the fat and improve your double chin. Most men require at least 2-3 separate treatments to achieve a satisfactory look. It is best to have an in-person examination to determine EXACTLY what is casuing your double chin and obtuse neck angle. Going from superficial to deep, the layers of the submental (below the chin) area are the skin, fat, plastysma muscle, more fat, and digastric muscles. Kybella can only treat that first layer of fat and most young men can get a great result from this injection! Less commonly, if any of the other four layers are significantly contributing to your appearance, then Kybella can help, but may not be enough. Surgical options include a necklift or submental lipectomy to help retighten or reduce the muscles to get a sharp defined neck/jawline. At the same time, any fat can be directly excised or liposuctioned away.  Hope this helps!Johnson C. Lee MDPlastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Kybella

Thank you for your question Brokemynose99. Kybella is the first FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. The safety and efficacy of Kybella has not been studied in people under the age of 18. That being said, some doctors may perform the treatment on patients younger than 18. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Kybella for an Obtuse neckline

Hello! Thank you for your question and for sharing your photos. The results that Kybella can create depend a lot on the individual anatomy and skin quality.  Generally speaking, patients who are relatively young, and have good skin quality (as in - the main problem is fat under the chin, not sagging skin) regularly get results that are every bit as good as liposuction or neck lifting. If the main problem is sagging skin, however, Kybella will not do as good of a job. Based on your pictures you appear to be a perfect candidate! Please be aware that you will need 2-3 treatments spaced 2 months apart to see your full results. On a personal note - I have had Kybella and I love it! I hope this helps and good luck!