Candidate for buccal fat pad removal? (Photo)

I would like to know if I am a eligible candidate for the Buccal fat pad removal surgery? I would love a more contoured look to my face but Will I look aged after the procedure? I am 26 years old. Thank you.

Possible buccal fat pad removal procedure

Thanks for sharing.  From your photos it is difficult to assess if you are a candidate for buccal fat pad removal. Smiling views make it hard to assess. This procedure does help patients with fullness in the lower and anterior cheeks. Seek a an experienced board certified surgeon in person to see if you are a candidate.

Candidate for buccal fat pad removal? = yes #fb #buccalfatpadremoval #chiseled #cheekbones #drmesa

Patients that would like a more contoured/defined/sculpted and chiseled look could undergo a plastic surgery procedure called buccal fat pad removal.

Buccal fat pad removal consist in the removal of the fat of the lower cheeks that gives the face a round or cubby face. The procedure is performed through small incisions inside the mouth (with no visible external scars). Removal of the buccal fat pat allows the cheek bones to be revealed giving a more "sculpted" look or chiseled appearance. This is a procedure commonly done by professional models. Buccal fat pad removal can be done wide awake under pure local anesthesia with minimal discomfort or pain in patient candidates.

Patients interested in buccal fat pad removal should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in cosmetic plastic surgery of the face

John Mesa MD
New York City (#NYC) & New Jersey (#NJ)

John Mesa, MD

Candidate for buccal fat pad removal?

You do appear to be a candidate but to know for sure you will need to seek an in person consultation. This is a nuanced procedure and is not right for everybody. Further, over aggressive removal of bucacl fat tends to worsen over time and can make a face look gaunt and hollow. Seek an experienced surgeon to determine whether this is a reasonable option for you. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon