Is this a burn scar? Is there treatment? (photos)

This is from a glycolic peel burn left on too long 3 weeks ago done by dermatologist I will never see again. I'm currently using aquaphor, sunscreen spf50 and cocoa butter. Is this a burn scar? Will it resolve? Should I see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon about this? Thank u

Should improve with time

It is very unlikely that this spot will scar as it appears to be a superficial skin irritation. It should improve with time and completely resolve within a couple months. Continue your skin care regimen and make sure to avoid sun exposure to the area, as the sunlight could darken the irritated skin. If the spot is itchy or scaly, you can try over the counter hydrocortisone 1%. Give it a couple months though before seeing a dermatologist. You do not want to do any unnecessary treatment on this if you do not have to. Hang in there!

Madison Dermatologic Surgeon

Glycolic acid peels

it is not possible to see what you are talking about from these photos., but it is very rare to get a scar from glycolic acid as it is very mild.  Perhaps it is hyperpigmentation instead of a scar and you should see a board certified dermatologist

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist