Will brow lifting (any method) change hooded eyelids? (Photo)

I have hooded eyelids, which I like. I think they are sexy, but sometimes look quite severe. Numerous surgeons have told me a brow lift would be beneficial to make my face more proportionate and feminine. Will doing this change my hooded eyelids? Any advice/information is greatly appreciated.

Browlifting

will increase the distance of your brow from your lid edge... and make your eyes look more alert and in most people's opinions, more  youthful.  But make sure its what you want since you feel your eyes are sexy as they are as this will change your look.

Hooded eyes… Blepharoplasty versus brow lift

Hello… Interesting question. One must remember that there is a paired muscle located above your eyebrows on your forehead whose sole purpose is to elevate the brows and it is called the frontalis  muscle.  That muscle can give you an "auto brow lift" depending on your level of fatigue, mood, etc. It works behind the scenes in other words  and explains why during certain times of the day your eyes look more open than others and this effect it's clearly indicated in the two photographs you provided. Lifting your brows whether done by your own frontalis or via a strategically placed neuromodulator such as Botox or via surgery will not only elevate your brows but also "cleanup" your upper eyelids and make them look less heavy (as seen in one of your photos). I have lectured about how the importance of the brow lift is not just to elevate the eyebrows but mainly to stabilize them in a glamorous position with an enviable arch-in that way, the brows are really prevented from descending further during a relaxed state thus preventing your eyes from appearing heavy (as in your second photograph). 

Also,by performing an endoscopic brow lift, one can avoid the  "Renée Zellweger effect" whereby the heaviness of her eyelids was directly dealt with via an eye lift (blepharoplasty)  instead of a brow lift,  completely changing her look. It is not to say that blepharoplasties are bad surgeries at all, it just means that every patient needs to be evaluated individually as to what would truly benefit them aesthetically. 

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS

Your eyelids

I would try a less invasive procedure first like botox or xeomin. I think that would give you the result you are looking for.

An endoscopic brow lift works

You seem to like the look that you have with your brow raised.  An endoscopic brow lift with a surgeon experienced in the technique, can give you this result without elevating the hairline more than 1-2mm.  

By weakening the depressor muscles of the brow, you allow your own elevators of the brow to pull the brow upward.  The tail of the brow needs to be lifted and fixed in a backward and upward direction.  After 27 years, I have found this type of operation to be quite successful and have follow-up on many of these cases for 22-25years.

Gregory S. Keller, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift?

yes, if Botox does not do the job a brow lift is indicated. If your hairline is low this can be done with an endoscopic forehead lift which will raise your hairline as well as your brows. Otherwise we developed the Irregular Trichophytic Forehead lIft  35 years ago for patients with a high hairline. This incision has hair grow through the incision so no scar is seen. See a very experienced surgeon with this technique that does many brow lifts and can show you pictures of the resultant lack of scar. 

Browlift can help

There is quite a difference between the 2 photos you have posted. Are you raising your eyebrows in the first photos? I don't see any forehead lines that would indicate that this is the case. 

However, if your eyes are normally like the second photo, I think a brow lift would help open the eyes a bit more. Personally, I wouldn't raise them as much as on the first photo, because if that were your brow position at rest, when you raise your eyebrows to express yourself, then it would look unnaturally high. 

Ideally, your eyebrow position should be somewhere splitting the difference between the two photos. 

A trichophytic (irregular hairline) incision would be ideal to give you a long lasting lift, while keeping your forehead the same length. 

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Brow lift

Brow lift in either surgical form (via a variety of techniques and approaches available) or chemical form (via neuromodulators such as Botox) will affect the upper eyelids as the skin is connected between the eyelid and brow. The chemical form is a more subtle change, it's temporary and affects more the corners of the brow rather than its medial aspect.

Jacob Sedgh, MD

Less is more for you

I double you need surgical brow lift but perhaps chemical brow lift using botox. Another complimentary option may be conservative skin only upper blepharoplasty. See an oculoplastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Will brow lifting change hooded eyelids?

When patients have low set eyebrows, lifting the eyebrows does improve  hooded eyelids since the eyebrow skin is connected to the eyelid skin. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Will Brow Lift Change My Hooded Eyes

You should sit down with a surgeon experienced in brow lifting techniques and discuss your goals regarding the contour and position of your brows which is influenced by  what is done at the time of surgery.