Can I have a Brazillian butt lift with local anesthesia? (Photo)

I want to do a brazillian butt lift to shape my butt and give a more hourglass silhouette... I'm extremely nervous to go under general so i want to do local? Is it dangerous? What are the pros and cons? Thank you

Absolutely

Brazilian Butt Lift can be performed totally under local anesthesia in well selected patients, ie not everyone is a candidate.  I perform most BBLs under general, but I have some patients that prefer  to have this procedure under local anesthesia.  You would need a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate.  Take a look at the last two examples in this gallery page below.

Brazillian Butt lift with local Anesthesia

To be honest with you the best option is to get it with a Spinal or general. If you do it with local anesthesia will give you a lot of disconfort and you will need a lot of medication like Lidocaine, with the side effects that you don't want to get. I don't reccomend it in case you don't want to go under general here with us we usually use spinal with a very thin needle (27 gauge) with pretty much no risk of a nerve damage.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Brazillian Butt Lift

You look like a good candidate for gluteal shaping based on the 2 photos you posted. I perform these procedures on thin women often with great results. It is best to be under general anesthesia for the optimal results. Althougth there are risks with general anesthesia it is extremely safe nowadays. We place 4-5 patients to sleep in our surgery center every day. Hope this helps and best of luck. 

Can I have a Brazilian butt lift with local anesthesia?

The surgery is difficult to perform under local.  To get the best result, you should be relaxed and not experiencing any pain.  Find a BBL expert who performs hundreds of BBLs each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

BBL under local anesthesia

You could have a BBL procedure under local anesthesia with IV sedation. Most patients are more comfortable however under general anesthesia. If you are in good health and a non-smoker there are few risks to the procedure and general anesthesia. I would perhaps recommend gaining a few pounds before surgery in order to become a better candidate.
Consult with a few experienced board certified plastic surgeons before making your decision.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

I would say your case is more for a Gluteoplasty than a BBL...

Thanks for your question. 

To be honest with you, by looking at your photos it doesn't seem to me that you're a good candidate for a BBL. A BBL is the marketing name for Liposuction for contouring the surrounding areas of the butt and Fat grafting to enhance the shape and/or projection of the gluteal region as a whole. You seem to be a very slim woman, and the harvested fat would be too little to achieve a perceivable outcome. 

That said, if you're looking for a butt enhancement (shape and projection) a Gluteoplasty (Butt augmentation with Silicone Implants) seems like a better indication for your case. The little harvested fat can be used to retouch the details around the butt of a more natural look. I know normally patients are scared of thinking about a silicone implant inside their buttocks, but it's actually a very secure process that can lead to great outcomes (in the hands of someone that is used to doing this procedure). Butt implants have bad reputation due to exaggerated results, but a small butt implant can generate a round perky butt without it appearing vulgar. 

Your case even looks very much alike one of the cases in my website (Click on the web reference so you can have a look). 

**SIDE NOTE*** Funny thing is, in Brazil (where I did my training) most women undergo Butt Implants much more than Fat Grafting, and they call the later Brazilian Butt Lift. 

Bottom line: I believe that your case applies much more to a Gluteoplasty than BBL, for the simple fact that you have very little fat.

Now, when it comes to anesthesia that is the anesthesiologist department and he'll choose the best option for you. The important thing is that you are relaxed during the whole process and the anesthesiologist (a qualified one at least) would never have you awake during the peridural process. So, for all that it matters for you, it would be "like" local.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me for any other doubt you may have.

Good luck on your journey, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernandez Goico, MD

Can I have a Brazillian butt lift with local anesthesia?

In order to have good and relevant results you can't have a BBL with local anesthesia.  in our service we use regional anesthesia  ( epidural) with just sedation.  General anesthesia is not required for the procedure. 

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD