Brazilian butt lift or butt implants? (Photos)

I want a butt just like the photo I attached. I may not have enough fat for a Brazialian Butt Lift though. I have a decent amount on my arms I could use as well as my thighs but I don't think I'll have enough to achieve what I want. Would implants give me what I want, or maybe a combo of implants and fat transfer?

BBL candidate

This is difficult to answer based on one photo. It would be nice to know your height and weight but an exam in person is the best way to determine if your goals are realistic.  You likely can achieve this with a fat transfer procedure and may not require implants. Consult with a few plastic surgeons for a detailed exam.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

BBL, Butt Implants or a Combination to Achieve Your Goals

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. Based on the photo; I think we are right on the fence of Fat Grafting alone and/or bringing in a butt implant.  In my opinion, Fat is THE best option and THE gold standard.  If we are able to achieve your goals with fat alone, then we should attempt that first.  In my opinion the main question here is:  Would you be OK with more than one surgery.  If yes:  I would recommend starting with the BBL first because you are right on the border.  If you want to add more volume, then we can add an implant.  If no:  I would recommend a combination of placing a buttock implant and then performing liposuction and placing fat around the implant.  This will provide volume, curviness, and "soften" the implant.
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist

I will tell you with years experience that implants will not give you a natural look and are up to 60% rejected from the body. Your own fat will be not rejected and give you that natural look and you will not loose the fat after your 6 months procedure.  A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.  Thank you for your question .

Rami Ghurani, MD

Brazilian butt lift or butt implants?

From your photos, I believe you will be happier with a Brazilian butt lift than with buttock implants or a combination procedure.  Buttock implants carry a higher risk for complications (infection and capsular contracture) and will not feel or look as natural as your own transferred fat.  In most cases, I reserve buttock implants for patients who have undergone significant weight loss or who simply have inadequate fat deposits for transfer.  Remember, that regardless of the type of procedure chosen, no surgeon can promise that you will look exactly like your wish photo.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

You would have a nice result with BBL

Hello and thank you for your question! Looking at your limited picture, you already have a great shape and I think that you have the right framework to achieve an even better look. Your silhouette would be greatly improved by aggressive liposuction of your flanks, abdomen, and lower back. By slimming the contour of your waist, flanks, and back with liposuction, your buttocks will already appear perkier when put next to a much slimmer waistline; liposuction will allow your surgeon to harvest fat to also transfer to your buttocks to further enhance this look. The shape which you desire can be created to your wishes by placing the fat in the right places to give you the "buttock shape" you desire. It is hard to determine how much fat you can get injected into each buttocks without an in-person examination or more photos, but I think you could get close to the buttocks and hip shape that you desire.  I think that the shape you desire requires liposuction and fat transfer to narrow your waistline and help improve the curve and projection/shape to your buttocks. Implants may be used to further give you buttocks projection depending on your goals, but I prefer to only use fat if possible as it is much safer and has a much lower complication rate.

Many premiere plastic surgery practices have credit and financing options to help make surgery more affordable for you. I hope this helps and make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in advanced body contouring techniques.

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD