My belly button dies not look normal. Can I get a revision? (photos)

I had an inny before my tummy tuck. Now their is a big scar around my belly button a size of a nickel. The shape is off and it looks to long. What can be done. I wanted a small inny. Please help. Any Drs in LA that can fix this?

Belly button revisions

Umbilical insets can make or break a tummy tuck. Fortunately, soft tissue asymmetries such as in the photo are usually fixable. When minor, they can often be done under local anesthesia.

Belly button revision/Umbilicoplasty

Thanks for your question. This is a very simple fix. You don't even have to go to sleep, it can be done with local anesthesia with minimal to no downtime. 

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Revise belly button

This is not uncommon, and as time goes on, your belly button may derive into the usual shape it once was.  But if it does not, it can be revised with only local anesthesia.

Not a pretty belly button

and it can be made better but why not see the surgeon that did your procedure first?  If you are considered healed at this point, there is too much belly button with in the scar and some needs to be removed.  As for the shape, its another issue that is more difficult to manage.  In my practice, I've reached the point where I do not save belly buttons (with patient consent) and instead return another day to reconstruction one that is often way better than what was there in the beginning... this has yet to catch on with other surgeons but it makes the most sense.

Curtis Wong, MD

Unattractive Umbilicus

It appears still swollen and the scar immature. I would give it more time.  It also appears that the aperture for the umbilicus was made larger then would be aesthetically pleasing. This is a very difficult thing to fix. Hopefully it will be less apparent when the scar whitens.
Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Belly button

It doesn't look like your belly button has an issue of blood flow to me.  it just looks like it has a fold in the middle from its original shape.  Some belly buttons have a lot of skin and will fold in the middle.  Difficult to say without an exam by a BCPS. The scar around the boarder looks like it is still healing.   I would wait a full year prior to doing any revision.  

Andrew Cohen, M.D.

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

I would encourage you to wait at least 6 mo before seeking a revision on the umbilical scar.  You look like you are fairly early postop and the appearance may still improve significantly. Good luck. Jane