BBL safe?

I'm considering lipo and bbl but after research I read that 1 in 5000 people die. I have had general anesthesia a handful of times and have been fine with it. I read online that having it under local is safer. I'm not really fat maybe 700ccs of fat but I want to know the risks. Does the fact that I'm young healthy and not a lot of fat to lipo make it less likely there will be a problem... thank you :)

Thank you for your question. Every type of surgery has associated risks and complications. I perform multiple Brazilian butt lifts every week, and the complication rates are very low. Overall, the procedure is safe and effective.The fact that you are young and relatively healthy you should be fine. Please do your research and find a board certified plastic surgeon with many years of experience. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall 

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  

The popular ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’ procedure is utilizes fat grafting to augment the curves of the gluteal region and accentuate the contour from lower back to buttocks. It is an excellent method for augmenting and lifting the buttocks and provides a beautiful, natural result. The procedure is performed by harvesting fat from unwanted areas of the body with liposuction and injecting it into buttocks. For individuals desiring a BBL but do not have enough fat available to be harvested, gluteal implants may be an excellent option for augmenting and enhancing the contour of the buttocks.

Like all elective procedures, there are risks involved.  As long as you are in overall good health and cleared for elective surgery by your primary care doctor, you should be fine and thrilled with your results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

BBL safe?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. As you know all the procedures has it's own risks and are different from other procedures. There are many risks and complications that can appear after this procedure, that have to be discussed by your chosen surgeon.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BBL safe?

I think it is good to be well informed of all of the possible complications that can occur with elective plastic surgery such as a BBL, but don't let that deter you from surgery. In the right hands (a board certified plastic surgeon with several years of experience and who does this procedure regularly), the chances of  a serious complication such as death is incredibly low. You are young and healthy and choosing to have your surgery here in the US. I do this procedure multiple times per week for years now and have not had any serious complications. 

Safety of BBL

All types of surgery have risks and possible mortality. An important risk to be aware of is fat emboli and pulmonary emboli. It doesn't matter how much fat is injected but rather how and where the fat is injected. If it's injected to deep (regardless of anesthesia) it can be inadvertently injected into a vein which can become very dangerous. Being young and healthy is helpful but does not completely protect you from this complication, which is very rare. Consult with a few plastic surgeons to see if you are in fact a good surgical candidate for this procedure.

William Bruno, MD

BBL safe?

Hello Hannah1990 - Thanks for your question. General anesthesia is incredibly safe. Lipo and BBL under local anesthesia will be difficult for most patients to tolerate. The fact that you are young and the lipo necessary is less than 1000cc's makes your surgery easier and safer than others. As long as you are healthy, well nourished, and understand your risks vs. rewards for BBL surgery in the thinner patient, you will do fine. Most cases of death during elective cosmetic surgery were related to surgeon management errors, unknown medical conditions manifesting during surgery, and performance of difficult cases in office settings with suboptimal monitoring and follow-up. Stick with board-certified plastic surgeons, working in certified facilities with the appropriate back-up and support systems. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

BBL is Surgery

A Brazilian Butt Lift is surgery, and, as with any surgery, there are risks and complications associated with that. 

Compared to General Anesthesia, monitored IV sedation is a better choice for most patients undergoing a Brazilian butt lift. It helps reduce the pulmonary risks that are associated with General Anesthesia. The web reference is to my blog post explaining the various types of anesthesia used in cosmetic surgery.

Be sure to consult with a board certified Plastic Surgeon and inquire as to whether the Anesthesiologists who work with the surgeon are also board certified.

Best wishes!

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD