Is it bad ettiquete to schedule a second consultation?

I had one back in March since then I've changed my mind regarding the size but am ready to schedule surgery.

Bad Etiquete to Schedule a Second Consult?

Not at all. This is a big decision and you need to fell comfortable with your choices. If you are ready to schedule surgery most surgeons will have you return for a preoperative visit to make sure that you are well prepared for your upcoming surgery. That is an excellent time to review your thoughts about implant size and address any other questions that you might have. 

Your needs and desires are more imporant than any etiquette

and you should feel confident in any decisions you make about cosmetic procedures.  Its your right to get a second appointment or consultation with someone else if you desire.  Do what is best for you and won't worry about hurting your surgeon's feelings.  If it is hurt, you would be better off finding another surgeon.

Curtis Wong, MD

Second Consultation

It is actually encouraged.  You need to be totally comfortable with your surgeon.  Ask as many questions you need.  Its best to finalize sizing before your procedure and you have a peace of mind!

Be sure you choose a surgeon board certified by "The American Board of Plastic Surgery", check her/his reviews, before and after photos, credentials, experience, and have a quality consultation.

My very best,

Payam Jarrah-Nejad, MD

No it is not bad etiquette to schedule a follow up consultation prior to surgery. I always schedule a preop visit with the patient at least two weeks prior to surgery. But, even if the patient is not ready to schedule and would like to go over questions and implant sizes again, we do encourage a re-consultation. You want to be as prepared as possible before undergoing surgery. Your surgeon wants to make sure that you feel comfortable with your decision. After surgery, more difficult to change things. Good luck with your surgery.

Not bad attiquette at all

You should make as many consultations as needed to make sure that you are having the appropriate surgery to get the results that you are expecting.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

2nd consult

Thank you for the question and of course it is ok.  This is a life time decision and you want to get it right so be seen as many times as necessary

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Fat Transfer/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

No it is not at all bad etiquette. I encourage my patients to come and see me as many times as needed prior to surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Second consult

It is not bad etiquette at all I'm sure your surgeon would want to be made aware of your new thoughts. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Second consultation?

Hi Rebeccahanson999,

It is absolutely not bad etiquette to schedule a second consultation.  I definitely encourage my patients to come back in to re-discuss our treatment plan after they have had time to think about it at length.  I find that this leads to more thoughtful decisions and, in the end, leads to a result that is best for that patient.  More open communication is definitely better!  

Best wishes!

Dr. Brown

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Second visit

Sometimes it's required and better for patient to come back and see the surgeon a second time and it's totally fine. Good luck with everything.