Asian Rhinoplasty + Breast Augmentation - risks.

Dear Doctors, I have a Asian Rhinoplasty in march and a Breast Augmentation in may, performed by different Doctors. Would there be any risk involved, infection? I'm using my rib cartilage and they cut my breast fold within a period of 3 months. Thank you in advance.

Asia Rhinoplasty and Breast Augmentation

For the most significant change in Asian rhinoplasty, rib cartilage is the best choice for a number of reasons.  The rib and chest will be somewhat sore for the first 4-5 days after surgery, and sutures are removed a week after surgery.  By the second week, most of this soreness has resolved and patients may resume light exercise after 2 weeks.  At this point the incision line is typically well-healed.  By 4 weeks full exercise may resume.  A 2 cm linear scar hidden in the crease below your breast is all that remains by this point.   The incision for rib cartilage harvest is typically smaller and more medially placed than the incision for breast augmentation, and should not affect it.  Nearly a third of my female patients have had breast augmentation, and the rib harvest is performed entirely below the breast, and does not interfere with the implant or breast at all.

If you are undergoing Asian Rhinoplasty using rib cartilage and breast augmentation,  these procedures can easily be done at the same time.  Please consult with your surgeons to coordinate your procedures and minimize your down time.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty + Breast Augmentation

If you are comfortable with your surgeon, then you should have adequate time to recover from one surgery before the other. You can combine these procedures if you find a surgeon with the requisite skill and expertise. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and Rib rhinoplasty

This is a common and popular combination, preferably performed at the same time if you find a surgeon you like who is well versed in both procedures. You can save yourself from resurgery into essentially the same site, and also you don't have to deal with scar tissue from the prior procedure. If you are going to have it done separately, I would prefer the rib rhinoplasty first followed by breast augmentation in order to minimize risks to the breast implant. Thanks for posting a great question.

Charles S. Lee, MD

Asian Rhinoplasty and Breast Augmentation

p.h.h.,

Having surgery 3 months apart does not increase your risk factors for infections, however there are inherent risk of undergoing surgery.  It may be advantageous for you to coordinate both surgeries at the same if your two surgeons agree to work together.  Good luck!

Julie Edween, DO

Asian Rhino & Breast Aug

If you are undergoing Asian Rhinoplasty using rib cartilage and breast augmentation, it's probably best to do both procedures at the same time.  Please consult with your surgeons to coordinate your procedures and minimize your down time.

Kimberly Lee, MD