7 months post op: is it too early to remove my implants?

I got 550 saline implants 7 months ago and unfortunately I have cc as early as one month post op . I am afraid to have another surgery to correct the CC because the dr said it might result in malposition of my implant . I'm also afraid of it getting. Worst . :( I am 23 years old will my breast go back to normal? I was a C cup before now I am a DDD I am starting to feel some pain in my right breast (sore feelings) it also feels tight when I lay down need advice . I don't know who I can turn to

Is seven months too early to remove my implants?

I'm sorry to hear about your problems.  If your implants are causing significant symptoms then they can be removed at any time.  I doubt that waiting longer will improve your situation.  

Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery(ASPS) and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Go meet with them and learn your options.

Below is a link to learn more about implant removal.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. Specific advice would necessitate in-person evaluation and a full communication of your goals and options. Ultimately, whether or not to re-augment your breasts will be a very personal decision that only you can make after careful consideration of pros/cons/risks/complications associated with each option.
Generally speaking, what your breasts will look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).
Patience is definitely indicated after removal of breast implants; it will take many months for the skin to “bounce back” and for you to see the final appearance of the breasts.
When the time is right, seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Removing implants

I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with your results.  You absolutely can have your implants removed.  I would say most women would opt for a lift at the time of implant removal if they had a 550 cc implant so as to avoid sagging skin.  You are young so you might be able to get away with simple removal.  Without an exam no one could say definitively.  Nonetheless it sounds like your capsular contracture is worsening since it is now causing pain.  I would suggest removal because it will likely only get worse.  Seek some opinions by Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who perform a lot of explantations and revision breast surgery.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Implant removal after 7 months

You can have your implants removed if you would like to, especially if they are causing you pain.  It is unknown how your breasts will look after the explantation, but many women are pleasantly surprised at how much their breasts do contract back.  If after you are healed you feel there is too much laxity in the breast skin, you can still elect to have a lift.

Camille Cash, MD

If you are sure you don't want the volume that the implants give you, it is OK to take them out, and most of the time the tissues will contract adequately that a lift is not needed, IF one was not needed preoperatively. But no crystal ball on this one, so if you take out the implants, don't jump[ in to a lift right away, give it several months. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Removing Implants After Capsular Contracture

Depending on how much your skin has stretched and the quality of your skin, you may be able to remove the implants without much sequela.  It is always difficult to determine if you may need a lift or not without a proper exam.  Usually, 7 months is not that long of a time and the skin does have the ability to bounce back, but that depends a lot on your skin type and how the skin was before surgery.

One of the reasons you may have developed capsular contracture could be the size of the implants in relation to your body.  I would recommend you exhaust your options and be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon before you decide to completely remove your implants.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast implant removal

I appreciate your question and am sorry to hear what your going through.
Without photos its hard to give an exact answer, but it seems that your implant is probably too large for your chest. Large implants have higher complications. Capsular contracture is a complication that needs to be dealt with surgically. You may consider a smaller anatomic implant that fits your chest. Complete removal is another option. 
I fix a lot of capsular contracture and malpositioned implants with good symmetry after. This is not a reason to completely remove the I'm;pants unless you want to.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Removal

At 7 months you may remove implants if desired. Seek consultant for explantation and drain placement as required 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Having implants removed

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• I am so sorry you are unhappy with your implants.
  • A capsular contracture is very uncommon so early
  • Capsules can return even after being corrected -
  • So I understand you wanting them removed.
  • You have very large implants - being young, your skin may return to normal after removal but it is likely you will need a breast lift to restore a nice breast shape.
  • Please discuss this with your surgeon and please - if your surgeon is not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon - consult one before having this done. You want to make the right decision based on the best advice.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.