50% of Doctors say Restylane in tear trough will dissolve naturally & 50% say it can last forever? Which one is it?

I gathered an overwhelming amount of responses from Doctors ALL over the US,and I keep getting a very worrying inconsistent responses. The answers are very contradicting, half say naturally in 3-6 months it will dissolve FULLY because it is naturally occurin sugars. The other half say it can last 5 to 6 YEARS or even Forever! How can such a high level of contradiction in responses occur? Shouldnt doctors get their education from indisputable biological facts? How can facts be this easily argued?

Restylane length of time

I don't know what kind of doctor you are talking about but no one would say Restylane lasts forever.  it is not even in the realm of possibility.  first of all hyaluronidase can remove it and secondly you need to be sure you are seeing and consulting a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Nashville Dermatologist

Hyaluronidase to the rescue--Reversing Restylane

Restylane is not a permanent filler. Restylane is composed largely of hyaluronic acid and can be effectively reversed. You can have it dissolved with hyaluronidase and try a different technique next time. It may take a series of treatments. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

In my hands a single combination treatment works best for acne scars.

A single combination treatment using tumescent anesthesia, extensive subcision, TCA peel and Fraxel Repair Laser works best for me with an average of 72% improvement following a single treatment session. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon