2 wks post op. 400cc implant still sitting high, doctor doesn't think they will drop any further. Any way I can fix this?(photo)

I'm 2 weeks post op with 400cc saline mod+. i went to see my doctor last week and he said he doesn't think they will drop anymore. the upper pole is still so full and high and that's not the look i was going for at all! I don't even have a slope to my breasts. i thought it was too early to tell and that they'll drop, but then my doctor drops the bomb on me and says that they won't drop anymore.. or he doesn't think so. can someone tell me why he might have said this and offer some solutions??

Drop and Fluff

Your large saline implants are far from their final position or shape. You do not need a strap, nor would strap make a difference anyway. They will most certainly drop, possibly more than you want. 
Best of luck. 

Early post breast augmentation deformity

I appreciate your concern. In my experience, I usually expect to see implants settle down more over the next few weeks and expect them to drop more.  I would be patient, follow your surgeon's post op instructions and if you are still concerned in 3 more weeks schedule an appointment to give your surgeon some follow up and get advise.
i expect your condition to improve.  Best wishes 

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Drop

Thank you for your question and if your surgeon hasn't already given you one ask for a strap and be patient you are too early post op to judge the final result

Dr Corbim

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Drop

Hi. You look awesome.  Barring any anatomical abnormality limiting decent of the implants they will likely drop.
remember it is your responsibility to follow your post op instructions.  I recommend massage for my patients.  But ask your surgeon.... I also do not place the bottom portion of implants beneath the chest muscle in most patients (very thin patients requiring more coverage I do) allowing quicker and easier decent.  But every patient is unique requiring a custom approach.  I am speaking in generalities and have operated on many revision cases as well as primary cases...also, you can wear a band available on lots of web sites which provides constant downward presdure to facilitaye relaxing your chest muscle.  Keep in mind also capsular contractures (which occur sometimes) limit decent.   You look great.  Be patient.  Keep open communication with your surgeon!

Michael A. Giuffrida, MD
Venice Plastic Surgeon

High riding breast implants

Thank you for you inquiry and congrats on your surgery.

Based on your photos and the fact that you are 2 weeks post op, I will not be surprised to see that your implants will drop into their natural pockets as time passes.

Please continue to communicate with your surgeon and keep on following the instructions provided by your surgeon.

The best of luck to you.

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Your surgeon says implants won't drop after only 2 weeks post-op

is somewhat confusing as every surgeon knows smooth round implants can drop for months after surgery.  Most practices employ and band or strap to facilitate this in addition to massage.  Ideally, your instructions should come from your surgeon and perhaps you could have your surgeon clarify what was meant by the statement that they won't drop anymore?  Perhaps he may have a reason for saying that.

Curtis Wong, MD

High implants

In my opinion, to fix this problem, I would put in smaller implants and above the pectoralis muscle.  This is not an uncommon problem, and it is possible for your surgeon to just put in smaller implants.
Malcolm Lesavoy, MD

Malcolm A. Lesavoy, MD

When Does Drop and Fluff Happen

It is way too early to make the call that your implants will not drop. I recommend using an elastic bandeau (strap) as well ad forceful downward massage  when your surgeon feels this is safe and not wearing a bra when possible. Drop and Fluff can take several weeks.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Implants aren't done healing at two weeks

I can't imagine your doctor said that because your implants won't be done healing for 3 to 4 months at the very least. The type of upper pole fullness you currently have will always relax a bit overtime. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

400 cc implants too high

You are VERY early in your post-op period.  Larger implants under the muscle, especially salines, almost always look a bit too high at this point.  Your skin and more importantly your muscle needs to slowly stretch out to allow the implants to settle lower.  I start my patients going braless several hours a day at 2 weeks to help them start to drop.  I have them start massaging the implants at 3 weeks to further help them drop. You won't see your final result for several months. Don't despair. But I would communicate your concerns to your plastic surgeon.
Thomas Taylor, MD, FACS
Pasadena, CA

Thomas S. Taylor, MD, FACS
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon