Post Juvederm lump? (photos)

I am 24 hours post first juvederm injection in glabrlla. I went for Botox but dr said juvederm was more appropriate. I have small Needle marks, bruising, discomfort and a slight headache, and a pretty big lump. And one of the wrinkle lines is still very visible! Is this normal?

Massage after Juvederm

The photos don't depict the lump very well. You can massage this area- use vaseline, massage with strong pressure for 2 days. Wait 2 weeks to let the filler settle. If the lump is present, sure, an enzyme can reverse this. If the wrinkle line is still there, a more superficial placement of a more liquid filler can help. 
All the best, Dr Davin LimLaser and aesthetic dermatologistBrisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Juvederm and Lump

It is difficult to evaluate the area based on this photograph but it sounds as if you need to return to have it reversed with Vitrase.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm Results - If Unhappy, Reverse with Hyaluronidase

I suggest waiting two weeks to see the final results. If you are unhappy you can reverse with hyaluronidase. Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm filler

Typically, this is not an area treated with Juvederm because of the neurovascular bundles in the area. It is difficult to see what is going on with the photo because of the magnified view and lack of focus. Your options would be either return to that doctor to let him/her know that you are concerned, and/or get a second opinion from an Oculoplastic surgeon who is familiar with the anatomy and risks of injecting in that location. Best wishes for improvement.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fullness After Juvederm Injection

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, your photograph cannot be viewed and appears zoomed in, so it is difficult to comment on your appearance.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to see your final result after treatment with Juvederm.  Swelling and bruising after filler injection is normal.  Icing can help for up to 48 hours postprocedure.  Arnica can also help to minimize postprocedure swelling and bruising.  Gentle massage may be beneficial for any areas of fullness.  In general, after treatment with Juvederm, it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve and to see your final result.  Hope this helps and if you continue to have any concerns please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!

Juvederm

Thank you for posting your case and photos.  I am not sure I can see the problem.  Because I do not routinely use Juvederm in the glabella, I think it is best to make your injector aware of your concerns.  Gentle massage may help.  Always try to see a board certified injector to minimize the risk of complications.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Filler in glabella

The photo does not show much.  If there is a lump I often tell patients to massage it. You are best to ask your injector about this.

Bruising and bumps after injectables

Thank you for your question. It is normal to have some slight bruising and swelling after receiving fillers. It also typically takes some time for the filler to settle in and to soften the wrinkle.Your photo is a little too up close to appreciate why botox alone would have not been sufficient. Often times, I will treat the glabella with botox or dysport in conjunction with a filler - something a little lighter than juvederm, like restylane silk or belotero. The botox paralyzes the muscle, and then the filler can work to soften the lines that have become etched in the forehead now that the muscles aren't moving. If your headache doesn't go away in the next 24 hours, or if you notice any worsening pain or blistering on your skin, these are reasons to contact your physician. Otherwise, give it a week or two, and then reassess to make sure you are satisfied with the results. You can ice the area 20 minutes on / 20 minutes off today, which may help. Best of luck!