Bone Graft.

I had Bone Graft (a 3 hour apt) and it was uncomfortable but uneventful. The following 5 days I was in throbbing pain. Is this normal?

Throbbing pain after bone graft

I hope you are feeling better from your procedure. It is normal to experience pain within the first days after surgery. Typically in the first three days after surgery is when you can experience the most pain and swelling.If the increase in swelling is not accompanied with an increase in pain then everything should be fine, but if the increase in swelling is accompanied by an increase in pain, you could be developing an infection. Please visit your surgeon or a qualified surgeon to evaluate your particular situation. Good Luck to you.

Bone gradt

bone grafts range from simple extraction and placing powder bone which should take 30 min or major like hip graft. Which one did you have done?

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon