9 1/2 months post TT and I have a large bulge and low BB. Do I need a revision? (Photo)

I'm 9 1/2 months post op I'm pretty unhappy with my results. I'd like to hear what you experts think. I had a full TT with diastasis repair and a floating bb. My ps said my bb would be slightly lower than normal but not so much that it would be noticeable. It is so slow that it makes me very self conscious, especially on the beach. I also have this large spongy bulge around my lower stomach that won't go away. I'm so disappointed in my results, I look worse than before. Can this be fixed? TIA

TT revision

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I am sorry you are disappointed with your results. I do agree that your belly button is sitting quite low and you have a bulge in your lower abdomen. I would recommend a revision with a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty, this procedure is the combination of liposuction and a traditional tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck I tighten the diastasis rectus muscle which brings in the waist, yours may need tightened a little more, then I cut out the excess skin to achieve overall, a smaller waist with a nice flat abdomen. Then the use of liposuction will help remove any excess fat deposits (bulging) along with creating a nice, smooth silhouette. I would also recreate a new belly button that would sit in a more natural position on your torso. I hope this helps.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon