How and when I can redo a mid face lift? It's been 5 months and I'm so depressed and desperate to redo it ASAP (Photo)

I wanted to tighten my cheeks a bit and saw a doctor, unfortunately doctor did something that I never asked for, a subperiosteal midface lift that cuts through what is not droopy. I can't stop my anger and frustration and sadness, have to redo it as I look older and Disfigured.

When to Consider a Facelift Revision

Typically, it's best to wait 6 to 12 months depending on the reason for #revision. As with all #cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical #procedure and #revision, there are some risks of unhappy outcome or other complications which your surgeon should discuss with you during your consultation. Your procedure should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for another revision surgery.

When to Consider a Facelift Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Re-do facelift

Yes, you can have a re-do facelift. Not all patients respond well to a mid facelift. I usually want my re-do facelift patients to wait for at lest 6 months after their initial procedure. 

If you go to the reference link provided and look at case # 0035, you will see a patient that wanted some improvement but felt she looked worse after her SMAS face lift. She still had the extra skin at the corners of her mouth and her lower eyelids were pulled down. She was happy with her corrective procedure. 

So, there are options for you. 

Sincerely,

Dr. K

Re-do facelift

So, there are options for you. 

Sincerely,

Dr. K

Cheek fullness...

subperiostial facelifts are effective for many patients, but can dramatically change people's appearance in a way that many don't anticipate or favor...in your case, it appears that your cheeks are fuller than you desire...although a year is the classically recommended waiting period, successful revisions can certainly be done earlier under certain circumstances 

You should speak with your original surgeon and perhaps a few highly qualified others who have experience with/and dedicate their practices to revisionary cosmetic surgery

Good luck...

Cheek fullness...

Good luck...

Facelift Revision Surgery

Thank you for your question.  I would always advise patients approximately 6 - 12 months before facelift revision surgery.  Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve. All The Best 

Facelift Revision Surgery