Can I redo a recent cheek lift? I look masculine & I have a hexagonal wide face!

My doctor didn't communicate about the details of surgery & now my face looks very odd 2week after cheek lift. No skin tightening or lifting has been done & cheeks look abnormal droopy & hollow eyes look more hollow. I'm in early 30s & this surgery made me look even older. Nose & lips complete numb.

Redo a cheek lift

Yes, one can try to redo a cheek lift or facelift. However, realistically plastic surgeons don't generally perform such reversals routinely, and results are more unpredictable. Two weeks is also very early after any plastic surgery, so it's possible that your issues will resolve with time. Plastic surgeons will often advise to wait several months or year, before considering additional surgery. If you haven't already, then speak with your plastic surgeon regarding your concerns.
Best,Dr. Chaboki

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi, it would be best to discuss this with your facelift surgeon but it would be about 6 months before any type of revision facelift could be performed. I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties with early "jowl" formation.  
 Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your surgical results have not been what you anticipated.  Though you likely have a fair amount of swelling present from surgery your concerns should be communicated to your surgeon for an appropriate discussion. They ultimately want you to be happy and may be able to give you greater reassurance. Best wishes.