How long does mid-facelift last & is it normal to feel cheeks falling off my bones?

I had a cheek lift a month ago which I thought was a SMAS lift but it's not because my skin is not tight at all. I look older & worse but worse than that I feel my cheeks are falling. I can't chew or laugh or cry or smile.

Facelift progress after surgery.

I am sorry that you are having issues about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Swelling and tight feeling is an expected outcome specially early on after your procedure. Sometimes there are technical limitations to the surgical techniques that preclude the desire lift, if you want to avoid complications. 
Please let the healing happen. once the swelling and scaring is done, you may discuss alternative plans to achieve the goal that you have in your mind. 
Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.
Wishing you the best in your journey

Face lift - unhappy at a month

Thank you for asking about your face lift.
  • I am so sorry you are unhappty with your face lift result.
  • it is important to keep in touch with your surgeon - and to see her/him to discuss your concerns.
  • Face lift recovery can be emotionally difficult -
  • And at times, complications can occur.
  • But it is essential that you understand from your surgeon exactly what was done and what to expect when healing and in the final outcome.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I am sorry you are having problems. You should see your surgeon regarding these concerns. There are many factors that can lead to poor healing or undesirable results, your doctor should be able to help make sure there is nothing medically wrong with your face and facial nerves. Make sure you are using a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and or Board Certified medical doctor. Best wishes!