Will my right breast drop and form a crease like the left breast? (photos)

Hi, I underwent a breast lift by areolar incision and augmentation (550 UHP silicone) almost 8 weeks ago. I'm 5'10" 150 lbs. My right breast has always been slower to drop. However now I'm concerned that my right breast will never develop a crease underneath like the left hassle nicely developed. Is this possibly be a Double Bubble situation going on? Thanks for your comments.

8 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Will my breast drop

Your breast augmentation looks good, and will continue to improve with time. Because you had a lift, and the forces that make relaxation different for each side, right pectoralis muscle and left pectoralis muscle, don't be in a rush to have them settle too quickly.

Alan B. Pillersdorf, MD

Breasts augmentation with mini lift

Dear CA1,
 Thanks for submitting your pictures.
From observing your pictures , you appear to be C cup size with large areolas and level one ptosis (right side more so than left side) as well as bilateral capsule contraction with very wide cleavage and higher fold on the right breast.
  At this stage, I would recommend intense implant displacement massage (which all my patients perform for 6-12 months) for the next 2-3 months. I have seen condition like your improve dramatically by performing the massage.
 If after 2-3 month there is no improvement, you will have to consider revision surgery , which will include, bilateral capsulotomy (scar release) , creation of nice cleavage and possibly, additional mini lift.
 You do not have to worry about double bubble at this stage, based on your pictures.
 To redo your surgery, your best option (financially) is to return to your surgeon. However, if you are not satisfied with your surgeon's response or you lost confidence , consult with other experienced board certified plastic surgeons who perform lots of 'redo' breasts augmentation in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.
                           Dr Widder

Breast lift result

You overall have a nice result. I do see the difference in the two breast folds. It is hard to comment without a pre op photo that shows the breast folds. A bra with underwire worn 24/7 for w few weeks may help sharpen the fold a little. Congrats on nice overall result and really nice periaerola lift. Good luck.

2 months post Aug/Mastopexy

YOu appear to have a beautiful result for this period of time post surgery.  Enjoy them. It takes about 6 months for them to achieve their final shape and appearance.  Be patient.  They look great for this period of time.

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast dropping after Augmentation/Mastopexy

Thank you for your question. Please make sure you address these concerns with your primary surgeon. You are still early in the postoperative period. Using differential pressure with more pressure exerted superior to inferior on the right breast by using Topifoam and breast binder can be very beneficial. Breast massage is also helpful along with manual downward pressure which should be explained to you by your surgeon. Best wishes in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS member ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast crease

You are recently post-op and your breasts look like they are healing nicely.  Best to give it more time to heal.

Drop & Fluff

In my experience it will take between 2-6 months for your implants to drop and settle. I recommend that you hold off on evaluating results until closer to 6 months post op.

All the best