After subperiosteal midface lift, right side of my upper lip is smaller than before. Cheeks and mouth so droopy. Why?
Doctor Answers 2
Sub-periosteal mid-face lift - problematic result
- If surgery was done recently, chances are that you are very swollen.
- Swelling takes time to subside - so be patient.
- If surgery was six months ago or longer, an exam exam is needed or posting before/after photos.
- It is also reasonable to see your surgeon to discuss your concerns -
- Your surgeon knows what was done and should be able to give you reliable answers.
- If not - consider a second opinion from another surgery -
There are many excellent plastic surgeons in Bethesda and Chevy Chase.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.