I barely felt any pain during Cool sculpting. Does this mean I shouldn't expect much in the way of results?

The small applicator was used on my stomach. I barely felt it and there was not a lot of frozen area. I've had no bruising or pain. Only a little numbness. Does this mean that i shouldnt expect much in the way of results?

CoolSculpting treatment and pain / discomfort

In our experience, we have not found the pain or swelling during or after the treatment to correspond at all with the results.  I don't think a patient's subjective experience during or after Coolsculpting is a good predictor of their results.

Good luck!

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Not everyone has pain
as long as the applicator was applied for 60 mins you should have a nice result

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and pain

Coolsculpting for the majority of patients is a completely painless procedure.  Having discomfort does not mean that the results will be better.  You will be able to assess the results 4 months after your treatment.

Thanks for your question. That's great that you didn't experience a lot of pain during your procedure. Our patients tolerate pain differently with this procedure but there is no direct correlation between pain and results. Enjoy your results.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Pain during CoolSculpting

Everyone's pain tolerance is different. If you felt little pain, than that's great for you. You should expect within 1-3 months. I hope you get the results that you want.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Minimal Pain Associated with CoolSculpting

One of the good things about CoolSculpting is that it usually is not a very painful procedure.Most people just feel a little twinge as the applicator is suction attached and then again as it comes off.There is not supposed to be bruising or pain, and the numbness usually only lasts a few days.The thing that you mention that worries me is that it was only a small applicator and small frozen area.Only the amount of tissue that is pulled up into the applicator receives the treatment, and of that part that was treated we expect to see only a 20-25% reduction in volume of fat, and usually it takes at least a couple of treatments to achieve that.Obviously it is early after your treatment, so you won’t see much change yet.It take a full 3-4 months before the entire result can be appreciated.What I would recommend is that you should go back in to talk about these concerns with your surgeon, and you can evaluate together how you are doing, and whether or not you may need another treatment to achieve the changes you are hoping for.

There is no correlation to how little or how much pain is experience with results of the procedure. Pain is not necessary to achieve good results. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

No pain after Coolsculpting

You're so lucky!  Your pain tolerance may be higher than others.  If you went to an reputable Coolsculpting expert, you should be fun in the way of results.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Pain does not indicate results

Thankfully, pain is not necessary to achieve great results!  Most patients do extremely well with treatment and have very little discomfort.  Whether a patient has discomfort or not, great results can still be expected.  Allow 4 months to see final results.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Pain during coolsculpting

With the smaller applicator, there is very little to no discomfort. Most patients indicate at most 1 or 2 on the scale of 10. If the treatment was properly performed, you will start to see improvement 4 to 6 weeks post treatment with continued improvement for 12 to 18 post treatment.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS