I have spent a year in great pain, and my face has aged a great deal. What can be done? (Photo)

I am concerned especially since the changes in my face look very unnatural. My mother, who is 78, does not have any of the deep furrows that I have. What do you think? And is it time for a face lift?

Best options for deep furrows: #botox or #browlift and composite #facelift

Thank you for your question and pictures.

If you wanted to start slowly, botox could be tried for your furrows.

But if you were looking for something more powerful for a rejuvenation, I would then suggest a composite facelifts (upper and midface), high-SMAS lift, neck lift and eyelid surgery.  This would address your furrows, your brow, your lids, your mid-cheeks, jowls and neck.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto Aesthetic Plastic Surgeon

Lots of options

First of all, I'm sorry for your pain and hope that has resolved. Certainly emotional and physical stress can contribute to aging. You may want to try non-invasive modalities such as injectables first. They can really lift the spirits with a minimum of cost and risk. A more lasting solution would be a face and neck lift.

wishig you all the best

What can be done?

From this photo, it seem like you would get a great result with a lower face and neck lift, upper lid blepharoplasty and botox. An in person exam would be needed to come up with the best treatment plan. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with expertise in facial aesthetics. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #lowerfaceandnecklift #blepharoplasty #botox

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Aging facial changes.

Thank you for your question and photographs. Once you are at a healthy and maintainable weight I would suggest that you consider consulting with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon regarding the options of browlift, facelift and necklift surgery. At the same time fat can be transferred to areas of your face that will enhance skin rejuvenation and restore a more youthful slimmer look for you. If you have a moment please watch the video above for some useful information. Warm regards.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Plastic Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Face lift after a year of great pain?

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

• I am so sorry you have had such a very hard year.
  • Your photos suggest that you mighty start with Botox and skin treatment to treat the deep furrows and improve your skin -
  • Then a face lift is likely to be the next step.
  • A consultation that sets up a plan, addressing each issue one by one, will be very helpful.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Management of facial aging as many options.

I think a facelift would be greatly beneficial. However the use of injectables as well as fat grafting and skin resurfacing overall components to management of facial aging. I would suggest you consult with a competent board-certified plastic surgeon and go over this rather sophisticated list of options.

Is a facelift a good option for me?

Hi Jaianniah, from the pictures that you have provided it appears that you would benefit from a facelift. A facelift procedure will help to provide you with natural definition of the jawline as well as the neck. This will give you a more youthful, refreshed appearance. You also appear to have some sagging of the brow. You may want to consider a brow lift and upper eyelid surgery as well. Follow up with an experienced facial plastic surgeon who can give you options.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

A facelift is a good option for you...

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, but a lift may be just the thing to get you to feel better. It is completely normal for gravity to take effect over time and cause sagging of the face and neck. A well performed facelift can make your jawline and neck much smoother, while keeping the appearance totally natural. Be sure to see a facial specialist for consultation.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Aging changes

Thank you for your question.  You have signs of aging with relaxed skin, relaxed soft tissues, and loss of volume.  You would likely benefit from facial rejuvenation surgery in the form of a facelift, upper and lower eyelid surgery, with the fat transfer to the face.  I would recommend speaking to a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation and they can go over an individualized treatment plan.  All the best, 

I have spent a year in great pain, and my face has aged a great deal. What can be done?

Hello and thank you for your question.

My patients report that they can't bear looking tired and run-down anymore.

There are different solutions for different patients and I heartily recommend an indepth consultation with an experienced specialist Plastic Surgeon. This is exactly what our many years of training in both reconstructive and cosmetic work have equipped us to do.

Some patients benefit best from a facelift, with or without eyelid tucks and browlift. Some patients can get excellent results from a host of non-surgical modalities, like fillers and laser and wrinkle reducing agents(in Australia we are not permitted to use Brand Names of drugs in a public forum).

And many patients benefit most from a combination, like a facelift for the sagging and drooping, and fillers for specific lined areas or for the loss of volume as we age or lose weight. And we all age differently.

The best thing you can do for yourself is get a good, in-depth consultation with an experienced Plastic Surgeon. Then you will be armed with a lot of information and options that are specific for you and your situation.

Then you can make some decisions about what is right for you.

I hope this has been of value and wish you well.