Can a nose surgery make my face more attractive? For example, a thinner nose tip (Photo)

Thinner nose tip

Yes it is possible but you have to see an expert in rhinoplasty.You have a  variant of malposition of the alar cartilage. This means that a routine tip plasty cannot be done. The lateral crus needs to be  replaced in normal position.If the surgeon you see does not recognize this issue, find another doctor.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty and facial attractiveness

Certainly, the nose is the central point of your face and harmony between the nose and the remaining face should be the primary goal. Too thin of a nose and your nose looks like it doesn't fit the face. Therefore, some refinement to the tip region and possibly the length and sides of your nose can help to achieve facial harmony. Good luck in your are.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Refinement of the nasal tip

Thank you for your question.  As a specialized rhinoplasty surgeon I feel that refinement of the nasal tip can make a profound difference. Whenever the nasal tip is refined it brings balance and harmony to the mid face. Make sure that you were consulting with a double board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon.

Roberto E. Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Based on the photo, you appear to be a candidate for a rhinoplasty. The ultimate decision should be yours, but you would probably benefit from an in person consultation with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  If you don't like the outside appearance of your nose the first place to start is to consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can explore the possibilities with you.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon