I was wondering if my nose fits my face or if i could benefit cosmetically from a smaller nose width? (photos)

Tip Rhinoplasty

Thanks for posting your question and the photos. You are very pretty.  You absolutely do not need any work done.  That being said, a tip rhinoplasty to make the tip smaller and more defined tip would enhance your beauty. You appear in the pictures to be an excellent candidate for this. You should seek out a facial plastic surgeon to examine you in person and discuss the details of the operation. In my office, patients do very well with tip rhinoplasty and benefit from an ultra-fast recovery.
Best of luck from NYC.- Dr. P

Benefit of nose surgery

It will only benefit you if you desire the change. While the tip is wider than average compared to the rest of your nose, if it does not concern you then leave it alone. The less you have to gain, the more you have to lose.If the tip IS your concern, a well done tip rhinoplasty can offer a pleasing change.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Tip rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tip Rhinoplasty

You are a very pretty lady.  A tip Rhinoplasty can refine the tip for a pleasing cosmetic result.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person exam to discuss your options.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bulbous tip, and making the overall nose smaller including the bridge line.  Digital Computer imaging can be accomplished at the time of the office setting consultation to get an idea of what can be accomplished with the procedure. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose, then perhaps you might want to consider a rhinoplasty to soften it a bit.  Best of luck.

Does My Nose Fit My Face?

Only you can answer your question. Balance between your wide tip and narrow bridge can be improved. I suggest you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to clarify possible changes so you can make an educated decision.

On front view, there is somewhat of an imbalance with a narrow bridge and broad tip. Its not terrible, but if it bothers you, it can be improved.   Without a side view, there is nothing more to say,An examination could confirm that just the tip needs narrowing and you may consider limiting the surgery to the lower portion of the nose.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Corinna444, it looks to me based on these photos only that you are a good candidate; you may need your nostrils operated on secondarily. Please make sure you see an experienced surgeon that is board certified and does "only faces" and in addition has a lot of good photos. Search the Internet and see the video. good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

I was wondering if my nose fits my face or if i could benefit cosmetically from a smaller nose width?

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.  
Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.
Robert Singer, MD FACS 
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon