Are my breasts mildly tubular? Can they be corrected with breast augmentation? (photos)

I'm 19 year old, female, and I am planning on getting breast augmentation next month. I will be getting 345cc high profile textured implants. I have not mentioned to my PS that i don't like my nipples and he didn't mention that they are mildly tubular - are they? Now my question is, if I get the implants, will that correct my nipples enough for them to look normal (like in the attached picture)? Or should I contact my PS again to discuss adding a nipple correction?

Tubular breasts?

Based on your photos you do not have a tubular breast deformity.  Your breasts actually have a nice shape -- they are snug and on the smaller side, but your lower pole is not constricted, there is no herniation of the breast gland into the areola, etc.  I'm not sure what you'd address with a "nipple correction", as an augmentation alone should give you a very nice result.

Small breast, implants candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.I recommend you to use the Cohesive Gel - silicone Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants") They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and natural appearance.Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Are my breasts mildly tubular? Can they be corrected with breast augmentation?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your photographs do not demonstrate features of constricted or tuberous breasts. If your breast size is of concern to you, you will likely be a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery. Seek consultation  with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals/concerns carefully as well. Best wishes.    

Breast augmentation - are they tuberous breasts?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • Your photos are very helpful - 
  • I don 't see evidence that you have tuberous breasts.
  • Implants will probably give your nipple more support -
  • But you are exactly right - yes, return to your surgeon, discuss your concern and ask her/his opinion as to what if anything you need to have done to your nipples.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs. Tuberous breasts exist along a spectrum of severity and are hallmarked by a few key appearances: an elevated and tight breast crease which causes the breasts to be narrow, herniation of breast tissue into the areola enlarging their size and creating a "puffy" appearance.  In order to truly diagnose tuberous breasts, you would need an in-person examination by a board certified plastic surgeon, but based on your pictures you do not have them. Hope that this helps.

Breast Augmentation

A standard Breast Augmentation should provide you with the results you want. If you have an issue with the appearance of your nipples once your BA has healed you could discuss further procedures with your Plastic Surgeon.
All the Best

Tuberous breasts

You have normal appearing nipples and small breasts. I think you will do well and look great with a breast augmentation. I do not see anything to correct in your nipples and any surgery directly on them could cause additional scar. Discuss all your concerns with your surgeon. Good luck.

No nipple surgery

It does not appear that you need any nipple surgery. Please share your concerns with your doctor. I hope this helps, Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Tubular Breasts

Hi 
You don't have tubular breasts just small breasts and you have normal nipples. You don't say what change you want in your nipples. You would be suitable for a breast augmentation but please discuss all your concerns in full with your PS before proceeding best wishes 

Gerard Lambe, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon