Best way to make my lips fuller for the longest time?

Im looking to get lip injections but I heard Restylane only lasts a few months! Is there any procedure that would give me bigger lips but last over a year?

Option for long lasting lip enhancement

Thank you for your question. Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm are the most frequently employed method for lip enhancement. These fillers last 6-9 months on average for most people. This relatively short longevity is the primary motivator for individuals seeks alternatives. Lip Implants may be a reasonable option for those individuals who are seeking permanent lip enhancement or for those who have not been satisfied with the longevity of effect afforded by hyaluronic acid fillers. The PermaLip (Perma Facial) Implant is FDA approved for permanent lip augmentation. While this treatment is generally safe, every treatment carries potential risks that you should discuss with your surgeon.

Permalip Lip Implants for Permanent Solution

Thank you for your question.  Lip filler is an excellent temporary solution to creating volume, however this typically will last 6-9 months.  The Permalip™ are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your lip volume to your desired size. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. It is a permanent solution, which does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look.

Good Luck for any future procedures

Amir Nakhdjevani, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants (cheek, chin) for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The upper lip can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your question. Options for enhancing the size of the lips can be placed into a few categories: 1. temporary fillers (several choices of filler) 2. Enhancement with surgical procedure (autologous fat or dermal grafting, acellular dermal grafting or silicone implants),The surgeon who performs your lip augmentation should be able to educate you about all these choices and once you have a clear understanding then you can decide for yourself. It is wise to consider your options and to be certain of your choices. Always seek a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good Luck!

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Lip enlargement - long-lasting or permanent

Thank you for asking about your lip augmentation.

• Restylane can last 6 months or longer.
  • For longer lasting filler, Juvederm and Juvederm ultra plus are excellent -
  • At times, the Ultra Plus lasts 18 months to two years.
  • You can also consider Permanlip implants - these are soft solid silicone implants that permanently enlarge the lips.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS