Were 5 incisions for each arm so necessary? Should I be worried about permanent scarring?

I am 42 years, height 156cm weighing 48kg. I exercise regularly, but could never get rid of the fat on my upper arms. I recently had liposuction on my upper arms. I have had 5 incisions made on each arm- most of them being in well visible areas. Were 5 incisions for each arm so necessary? Should I be worried about permanent scarring? What could I do to prevent noticeable scarring? Will my skin on my arms sag?

Skin Tightening after Lipo -- Venus Legacy, Thermage, Ultherapy, Velashape, ThermiRF; Surgical Removal

I suggest returning to your physician and discussing your concerns.  A very small spot is created during liposuction that heals well and cannot be seen after 6 months. Sagging arms will depend on skin laxity. Excess skin can be removed surgically or non invasive options such as ThermiRF and Venus Legacy can be used to tighten skin. Please see an expert for an in person evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction and incisions

I point out the incisions I am going to use with my patient before they have the procedure.  Some use more than others. It is preference of the surgeon. I think the goal is to get a nice result that i most important. If you have concerns, you should talk to your surgeon.

Liposuction - 5 incisions. Were they necessary?

Thank you for asking about your arm liposuction.
  • Liposuction scars are usually extremely small and barely noticeable.
  • You will need to ask your surgeon why so many incisions were needed -
  • It is more than is usually necessary.
  • Sagging after liposuction depends on the quality of your skin and how much fat was removed -
  • Your plastic surgeon can tell you what to expect.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS