Weird discoloration around scar after breast lift and implants. (photo)

I had a breast lift and 300ccs put in in desember 2015. I had tubular breast with big areoles l, which were reduced along with the lift. It's now been months and I have this weird discoloration around the scar, almost looks like the scars turned into areole skin instead of regular skin. Is it normal and will it fade?

Breast lift result

Sometimes it is hard to get all the aerola out when they are very large. Better to leave a little aerola than have too tight a closure. A scar revision should resolve this. Good luck.

Breast Lift with Implants

Based on your photos, it appears that there is residual areola skin left behind after your lift or scarring from delayed wound healing. This will likely not respond to topical scar management and a revisional surgery would be warranted. I recommend you return to your surgeon for a better understanding of the surgical procedure and the next steps to improve the result.

Might actually be your own areolar skin

when doing a mastopexy on someone with large areolae, it is sometimes not possible to safely remove all the excess areolar skin. it may be possible to remove some or all of it during secondary touchups in the future. hope you are otherwise happy with your improved appearance! 

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon